K40 mini rotary. Higher quality made

Tech_Marco

K40 mini rotary. Higher quality made

Post by Tech_Marco »

Redesigned a mini rotory for the mini K40 machine. Similar mechanism but with better materials and enhancement.

Instead of using aluminum, the two rolling rods are made of steel and has a silicon jacket wrapped. So that it will not cause any scratch on dedicated object like anodized aluminum, glass, or object with coating. The base board and other parts are made of aluminum. Motor is a higher torque EMOT-42HS03.

Marco
Attachments
K40minRotary3.jpg
acuralegendz

Re: K40 mini rotary. Higher quality made

Post by acuralegendz »

Are these still available?
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

It should be available in two weeks. Production is closed to complete and I'll try to get 10 units to ship direct to us while the other will be shipped through ocean shipment

Marco
NickWL

Post by NickWL »

How much?
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

$175 set, driver or controller extra

The motor that used on the rotary is 42 series with 1.5A so a M415 driver is good to be uaed.

Marco
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

It will arrive today soon. Currently on the UPS truck
I'll post it on the web very soon

Marco
acuralegendz

Post by acuralegendz »

Great news cant wait to see it!!
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Latest rotary for K40 finally arrived!
Attachments
Rotary3.jpg
Rotary2.jpg
Rotary1.jpg
NickWL

Post by NickWL »

It is much prettier than mine! (I bought an early design (prototype?) 'cos I was desperate)
But now that I've tamed it I'm deep into engraving 'Somerset Cider Brandy' onto the second hundred brandy glasses with my old rotary, it's running beautifully.
Because the old design didn't have coated rollers I 'painted' three or four layers of latex onto the rotating rollers just at the point where the glass bowl touches and this prevents both scratching and slipping. This shouldn't be necessary with the new coated rollers.
Nick
Last edited by NickWL on Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
mikenmel08

Post by mikenmel08 »

Will this fit inside the Z Table for the K40? Also I would assume I can control it with the X7 DSP and another Mini 2 Phase 1.5A 1-axis Stepping Motor Driver?

Thanks
andres.arena

Post by andres.arena »

mikenmel08 wrote:Will this fit inside the Z Table for the K40? Also I would assume I can control it with the X7 DSP and another Mini 2 Phase 1.5A 1-axis Stepping Motor Driver?

Thanks

as I install my
Rotary unk40 with
DSP controller 608
scottbgv

Post by scottbgv »

Got mine in the mail today! what is the wiring procedure?
r3ll1k

Post by r3ll1k »

I can't find the wiring diagram for this motor, please advise.

EDIT: Do not purchase this mini rotary, the motor is wired incorrectly. Please refer to the Nema HS datasheet!
Techgraphix

Post by Techgraphix »

I can't see it very clear but it looks to have a 6-pole connector(?)
In that case it can be a unipolar motor.
But this type of motor can be connected as a bipolar type:
First find out which connectorpoints belong together. There are two sets of coils in it (A and B).
With a multimeter in Ohms you can measure a small resistance between the connectorpoints. The Connectorpoints that do conduct are from one coil.
In case of a unipolair motor you will measure a resistance between 3 points: two equal and one double. example:
between point 1 and 2 you measure 2.4Ohms, between 2 and 3 you measure 2.4Ohms and between 1 and 3 you measure 4.8Ohms.
In that case point 2 is the centretap of that coil. Leave that unconnected and connect point 1 to A+ of your drive and point 3 to A- of your drive.
Do the same for the other 3 pins but then connect it to the B+ an B- of your drive.
If the motor turns in the opposite direction, just swap the A+ and A- wire on your drive and the motor will turn in the right direction.
Select a current so that your motor will not turn too hot after half an hour.. Handwarm is fine. If it stays cold, you may increase the currentsetting for more torque. start with a relative low current, not to low else it will stall..

BTW the rotary looks very neat but i have my doubts for objects that are round but not cylindrical (like wineglasses, conical forms, flashlights, some bottles etc)

Kees
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

r3ll1k wrote:I can't find the wiring diagram for this motor, please advise.

EDIT: Do not purchase this mini rotary, the motor is wired incorrectly. Please refer to the Nema HS datasheet!

There is no absolute rule for wire arrangement for the motor. NEMA stand for the unique size of the motor. You are requesting return for returning the product so RMA# will be issued today. But I don't think that it is appropriate that to tell not to buy on your post while most buyers able to make it works As I mentioned that many parRd here we are selling are DIY and no formal document. You ask if you have any question but instead you negative review the product. You didn't find solution here didn't mean that no support because many folks asked questions throes emails.

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”