Upgrade Mirrors and Lens on k40? Worth it?

rushmore1305

Upgrade Mirrors and Lens on k40? Worth it?

Post by rushmore1305 »

Hello every one once again. So I have been looking over the store and running across the Pro Mirrors and and Pro Lens. As you all know I'm not very knowledgeable about the whole loser but I would like to have the best tools to work with.
I'm am worried that my mirrors might not be as they should be because when they shipped they were not very clean.

Should I pull the plug and order the upgrade or do you guys recommend somehow cleaning the mirrors.
Is that even possible? If so how.

I'm sorry if people have asked this before but for some reason every time I think I found a thread of similar issues when I apply the fix turns out my issue is always slightly different. If that makes any sense
waltfl

Re: Upgrade Mirrors and Lens on k40? Worth it?

Post by waltfl »

hi rushmore
yes the mirror need to be Absolut clean, you can clean them with 97% rubbing alcohol do not rub just slightly with like a Q-tip the same thing with the lens.
the pro series mirror and lens are well worth it for professional results but there is more to it not just the mirror and lens you should first learn with the set what you got and then upgrade.
greetings
waltfl

rushmore1305 wrote:Hello every one once again. So I have been looking over the store and running across the Pro Mirrors and and Pro Lens. As you all know I'm not very knowledgeable about the whole loser but I would like to have the best tools to work with.
I'm am worried that my mirrors might not be as they should be because when they shipped they were not very clean.

Should I pull the plug and order the upgrade or do you guys recommend somehow cleaning the mirrors.

I'm sorry if people have asked this before but for some reason every time I think I found a thread of similar issues when I apply the fix turns out my issue is always slightly different. If that makes any sense
rushmore1305

Post by rushmore1305 »

yeaj, I am, I am planning on starting a new build with a much bigger workable area, going to do 100% cutstom with the extruded aluminum case, like the new stuff that marco introduced, I was actually looking at those before he showed them off, so that just reinforced my decision on using them, so once I buy these mirrors and lens I would reuse them in my new laser and I would sell this laser with the original lens and mirrors.

thank you I think I am going to purchase some right now,
what size mirrors should I get?
I know since I get the new head in the DSP kit, my understanding I could use anything from them 18-20mm on the focus lens,
about that, in the store all the lenses have the FOCUS specification, does that imply to the distance from the lens to the part you are cutting.
exp lens with focus of 50mm would mean that I need to have what ever I am cutting 50 mm away from the focus lens????
does that sound about right???

or am I not understanding something here
waltfl wrote:hi rushmore
yes the mirror need to be Absolut clean, you can clean them with 97% rubbing alcohol do not rub just slightly with like a Q-tip the same thing with the lens.
the pro series mirror and lens are well worth it for professional results but there is more to it not just the mirror and lens you should first learn with the set what you got and then upgrade.
greetings
waltfl

rushmore1305 wrote:Hello every one once again. So I have been looking over the store and running across the Pro Mirrors and and Pro Lens. As you all know I'm not very knowledgeable about the whole loser but I would like to have the best tools to work with.

waltfl

Post by waltfl »

hi rushmore
the size of the mirror diameter depends on the holder what size they are mad for.
yes the focal length is the distance from the top of the lense to the top of the material.
greetings
waltfl

rushmore1305 wrote:yeaj, I am, I am planning on starting a new build with a much bigger workable area, going to do 100% cutstom with the extruded aluminum case, like the new stuff that marco introduced, I was actually looking at those before he showed them off, so that just reinforced my decision on using them, so once I buy these mirrors and lens I would reuse them in my new laser and I would sell this laser with the original lens and mirrors.

thank you I think I am going to purchase some right now,
what size mirrors should I get?
I know since I get the new head in the DSP kit, my understanding I could use anything from them 18-20mm on the focus lens,
about that, in the store all the lenses have the FOCUS specification, does that imply to the distance from the lens to the part you are cutting.
exp lens with focus of 50mm would mean that I need to have what ever I am cutting 50 mm away from the focus lens????
does that sound about right???

or am I not understanding something here
waltfl wrote:hi rushmore
greetings
waltfl

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”