Z-BED, HOW TO?? PLEASE HELP!!!

rushmore1305

Z-BED, HOW TO?? PLEASE HELP!!!

Post by rushmore1305 »

Hello everyone, so i have pretty much my whole laser assembled and i am currently leak testing, but i did not hook up the Z bed, because i have no clue how, i am a rookie as you could probobly tell from my previous thread/build log

so the other axis are ran through the stepper drivers, so those i now understand how to wire, but when i purchased the bed it did not say that i needed one of those, so how do i connect the motor to the DSP???/
the motor has four wires coming out of it but the color coding is different then the other motors, is that a concern?

please help me i don't want to ruin anything
waltfl

Re: Z-BED, HOW TO?? PLEASE HELP!!!

Post by waltfl »

hi there
you need another driver in order to use the Z table.
greetings
waltfl

rushmore1305 wrote:Hello everyone, so i have pretty much my whole laser assembled and i am currently leak testing, but i did not hook up the Z bed, because i have no clue how, i am a rookie as you could probobly tell from my previous thread/build log

so the other axis are ran through the stepper drivers, so those i now understand how to wire, but when i purchased the bed it did not say that i needed one of those, so how do i connect the motor to the DSP???/
the motor has four wires coming out of it but the color coding is different then the other motors, is that a concern?

please help me i don't want to ruin anything
dgtaylor45

Post by dgtaylor45 »

I will go ahead and ask here to keep the z-bed info in one place, and because someone else may have the same question.

I also ordered the z bed but, I did order the stepper driver. I need the wiring diagram for the motor to the driver. My x and y stepper motors are 6 wire, the one that comes with the z bed is only 4 wire. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for these motors?

NEVER MIND - I don't know what I was thinking. The others are only 4 wire and the z-bed is wired just like them.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

See the motor configuration here:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1787

Marco

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”