K40 Air assist head just bought

JUSTY22

K40 Air assist head just bought

Post by JUSTY22 »

I bought an air assist head, will the original lens glass fit into it cos I tried it and its fouling the screw hole when I try tighten screw to clamp it together, should I have bough a lens as well
Tech_Marco

Re: K40 Air assist head just bought

Post by Tech_Marco »

Post a picture to let me see what you got

Remember that a K40 could come with a 18mm, 15mm, or a 14mm focus lens. If the lens is small, you need to put some cushion to hold the position. When you tight up the laser head, you need to do it gently or the mount can crack the lens. It happened to two customers before and we're not responsible for physical damage

Marco
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

JUSTY22 wrote:I bought an air assist head, will the original lens glass fit into it cos I tried it and its fouling the screw hole when I try tighten screw to clamp it together, should I have bough a lens as well
I think you are having the same confusion I had at first. The lens does not go into the part that has the screw to tighten the nozzle on. It goes one layer higher. It does not look like it comes apart, but it does.

Edit to add: Unless I am reading your post wrong. That is always a possibility. ;)
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

That's why I always ask folk to post picture if they have some question. It is better for us to 'see' it before making any suggestion. There are many folks always got confuse where to put the lens and how to mount the air-assisted head to a metal plate. They don't understand that the laser head made out of 3 parts and always complained that the laser head was too big to fit into the metal plate.

I remembered that a guy called us a couple times to complain that the laser head he bought from us didn't fit his K40 and asked me to do something. I told him that it was a very standard part and the manufacturers in China seldom do any change toward to this kind of low cost machine. I been talking on phone with him for over 15min and he was still not buying it and insisited that it was our fault to sell the laser head that not fit his machine and keep telling me that I should do something. I asked him to return it for full refund but couldn't get him to do it. Then, you could image that both of us got "red face" after a long chat. Sorry, I ran out of patience and holding our business line for too long so I got no choice but to terminate the call.... sorry my bad :(

Marco

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”