wobbly x-axis

borg

wobbly x-axis

Post by borg »

Hi!

Our x-axis seems to be a bit wobbly, see here:

The lines in the image should be perfectly parallel to each other. The image is zoomed in quite a bit, the distance between the lines is 3mm.

If we do the same pattern with the lines beeing parallel to the y-axis, the lines look perfectly parallal at this zoom-level.

There is no loss of steps or similar, we can cut a big object and the start and end point is the same again. It must be some kind of slackness somewhere on the x-axis. We already completely dismantled the pulley and cleaned the guide wheels and so on. I am at a loss what the problem could be.

IMO it can't be unevenness of the x-axis itself, if that would be the case the wobblyness of the lines whould be parallel to each other.

Does anyone have an idea what could be going on?
twosoc

Re: wobbly x-axis

Post by twosoc »

Hey probably not applicable to this, but I recently had a wobbly problem too, it turns out the lens wasn't being held snugly by the holder and was giving me a woble on the x axis, I guess the y runs more smoothly. I lasered a card ring for it to sit in and it stopped it nicely. although it looks like your cutting ali or similar, which I'd hope your machine was a lot better engineered than my little 40 watter. :)

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”