alignment of the mirrors

barillo66

alignment of the mirrors

Post by barillo66 »

hello
some of you will be found to perform a new alignment of the mirrors with the annoying method of burning piece of paper in front of the mirror to see if the beam is centered. But if instead of using this method very annoying especially for those who are beginner like me, you could not insert a red laser diode in front of the exit of the CO2 laser and adjust the mirrors so actually seeing the light spot?
Think that the light of the pointer is equal to the light of co2 and then the route is the same? :roll:
Sorry me is my English isn't perfect! :(
Tech_Marco

Re: alignment of the mirrors

Post by Tech_Marco »

Yes you can do it. But it is not easy to align the red beam from the laser head. Of course it help a bit but you still need have to use the 'burn paper' method to get you the best mirror/lens alignment

Marco
waltfl

Post by waltfl »

Hi all
I did go a different way, I cut little squares from 1/8 boards with the size like the outside of the mirror holder and engraved the middle lines horizontal and vertical. then I take masking tape the small one and tape it in front of the mirrors watching that the edges are perfect lined up with the mirror holder edges.
now you can shoot many times after making small adjustments and see where the beam goes without the hassle of the burned paper and cleaning the mirrors afterwards.
this maybe helps
greetings
waltfl

Tech_Marco wrote:Yes you can do it. But it is not easy to align the red beam from the laser head. Of course it help a bit but you still need have to use the 'burn paper' method to get you the best mirror/lens alignment

Marco
natsterrr

Post by natsterrr »

I just use a small piece of clear Perspex - you can see the dot appear and see if it is close to the middle of the mirror or lens. No smoke gets through to the other side so no cleaning required. The crosshairs engraving is not a bad idea ;)
barillo66

Post by barillo66 »

Yesterday I tried with a small red pointer Chinese and I must say that as Mark says the only difficulty is to find a way to stop him, but I must say that the red dot that starts from the laser reaches the floor, with the machine off, and then ability to manually shift the x and y axes, it is very comfortable. I can see the track from the laser to the floor at the same time and then for a beginner like me it is very convenient. I do not surrender if I find a good way to hold it in place I'll show you. ;)

Alfonso
jimsbox

Post by jimsbox »

I don't understand, where are you putting the red laser and do you have to remove anything? Also, do you mean the bottom of the engraver when you say floor?

Your english is excellent, much better than my nonexistent italian.

Jim
barillo66

Post by barillo66 »

I have done so:
-I took the case of a jack (fig.1)
-I bought a red laser pointer and I disassembled and inserted into the jack,
preserving the power supply (3 button cell battery) and the switch to make it work
-I removed the first mirror and gave a laser pulse to see where he would
burn the sticker that I put on the casing (fig.2)
-Now you can turn off the machine and insert to the output of glass tube laser,
a red laser pointer checking that the red dot coincides with the burning of the laser (fig.3)
-Check that the red laser pointer is securely attached and and mounted the first mirror (fig.4)
-You can now see the path of the red pointer from the exit laser tube to the work surface,
being able to adjust the mirrors moving the axes x and y with the hand
because when the machine is off axes are free.
This is mainly intended for beginners like me who did not see the laser and making moves inaccurate I burned a few t-shirt, fortunately not the face, because when you use the laser must be very careful. In this way, seeing the red pointer can understand the moves to make to the mirrors without great dangers. When you have adjusted everything to remove the red pointer and do some testing with the traditional method of paper in front of the mirror for small adjustments.
Remember that the procedure with the red laser must be done with the machine switched off.
Attachments
Spot laser red.jpg

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”