Power supply blowing fuse....

hawkinsoft

Power supply blowing fuse....

Post by hawkinsoft »

Hi-

I purchased and installed a power supply from lightobject (40W) about 2 weeks ago. It worked initially - but now every time I turn on the printer my fuse blows.

I tried unplugging the laser tube, fuse blows again.

I then tried unplugging the 40W power supply... fuse does not blow.

So, its definitely an issue with the power supply (at least, I'm pretty sure.). Is it possible to send it back and get a replacement? I dont know whats up with it... but something must be shorted in there.
Tech_Marco

Re: Power supply blowing fuse....

Post by Tech_Marco »

You should never unplugged the laser tube when power on the power supply!
If you did that, the power supply blew off and damaged. It is very dangerous that you didn't hook up the laser tueb to the power supply when power it on.

Marco
hawkinsoft

Post by hawkinsoft »

Wow, that would have been good to know. (I'm sure its posted somewhere, but I had no idea.)

So, the power supply is toast then?

$200 well spent.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

You may send it back to my tech in China to repair. It is free of charge. But you pay the shipping fee for round trip. It may cost you $90

FYI, when laser power supply left unhooked, the high voltage would cause spark and it is very dangerous. It can kill the power supply and other electronics like the DSP controller, stepping motor driver... all you can name. That's why Grounding is very important for a laser machine. I'm so sorry to hear that happened. I wish I know how to fix the power supply but I don't. It is really out of my capability

Marco

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”