Lasercad/coreldraw issue (sorry its a long post)

1n2

Lasercad/coreldraw issue (sorry its a long post)

Post by 1n2 »

Hi all
I have an issue or two with the Lasercad software. I am sure they are related in some way.

I hope someone can help.

It is difficult to explain but I will try

If I draw a line in Coreldraw and make that line 2mm thick. When it exports to Lasercad the 2mm lines show only as hairlines and do not engrave at all.

In an attempt to work around this I draw the same line but as a 2mm thick rectangle...this almost works, except, when its sent to the laser via Lasercad it some times "drops" or loses part of the drawing.

In an attempt to save the workpiece I try to redraw the missing bit, delete the stuff that did engraved, then try to send just the redrawn bit.
I get an "data empty" message (although I can see the lines etc clearly on the screen).? (I cant find a way to "thicken" the line in Lasercad)
If I send the whole drawing again (with my new redrawn bits) it engraves happily and again misses bits(the data empty bit I assume)
It carried on to the second (copied and paste) "missing bit" and the head juddered severely (making the horrible noise that you used to get when moshidraw crashed the head into the far corner) and the rest of the engraving and the subsequent cutting was displaced.

I have tried completely redrawing the item and this time a different section "went missing"

It has done the judder and displacement to other projects too. once it went 40mm out of alignment.

I can send images if it will help

John
1n2

Re: Lasercad/coreldraw issue (sorry its a long post)

Post by 1n2 »

pictures
img 01.jpg
img 01.jpg (36.33 KiB) Viewed 3926 times
ignore it being out of align this is where I used the same piece of card twice!
ignore it being out of align this is where I used the same piece of card twice!
img 01-result.jpg (33.93 KiB) Viewed 3926 times
img 02.jpg
img 02.jpg (30.31 KiB) Viewed 3926 times
img 02-result.jpg
img 02-result.jpg (26.66 KiB) Viewed 3926 times
opps last one ya cant read
It shows missing bits (or rather doesn't lol)

where it 'Juddered' (bottom right)
and displacement

John
Last edited by 1n2 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
dubstar_04

Post by dubstar_04 »

What file formats are you using? or are you using the coreldraw plugin?

You have flooded the forum with posts. Can you keep your posts together in one thread?
1n2

Post by 1n2 »

Thanks for your time dubstar
dubstar_04 wrote:
You have flooded the forum with posts. Can you keep your posts together in one thread?

I separate the thread by subject.
I would not expect to receive, or even look to offer, help regarding a Lasercad software issue in a thread entitled "power % to mA" or "Power supply Query", seriously, would you ?
It would make for a VERY hard to read forum indeed.

I am also sorry if you feel a that a total of 1.46 posts per day is "flooding" especially as many of those are thanking the helper!!
dubstar_04 wrote:What file formats are you using? or are you using the coreldraw plugin?
The file formats:-
These drawings were drawn in Coreldraw (drawn afresh NOT loaded in) so until 'saved' they are in whatever the raw format Coreldraw uses.
These files have been saved as CDR BUT none of the saved files have been reloaded and used.

thanks again
John
dubstar_04

Post by dubstar_04 »

1n2 wrote: I separate the thread by subject.
I would not expect to receive, or even look to offer, help regarding a Lasercad software issue in a thread entitled "power % to mA" or "Power supply Query", seriously, would you ?
It would make for a VERY hard to read forum indeed.
I tend to just use the search function to find what i need.

I didnt mean any offence. Its just if you have a look at the forum people tend to use one thread to log the build of their machine, where as you have 12 threads or so.
1n2 wrote:
The file formats:-
These drawings were drawn in Coreldraw (drawn afresh NOT loaded in) so until 'saved' they are in whatever the raw format Coreldraw uses.
These files have been saved as CDR BUT none of the saved files have been reloaded and used.
John
Have you tried saving from Corel as a PLT file and importing that in to LaserCAD? This seems to work pretty reliably for me.
1n2

Post by 1n2 »

Thanks Dubstar

I haven't tried that but will in about 10 mins... can you engrave and cut from a PLT file ?

John
1n2

Post by 1n2 »

Ok just tried the PLT file thingy

I had to deselect the "cut" colour to stop it just burning everythingLOL
ok on engrave it engraved one line across the top but as soon as it got to the text engraving it just juddered on the sopt and made a pretty hole in the card !

John
waltfl

Post by waltfl »

hi there
send me the file I will try what is wrong
greetings
waltfl

1n2 wrote:Ok just tried the PLT file thingy

I had to deselect the "cut" colour to stop it just burning everythingLOL
ok on engrave it engraved one line across the top but as soon as it got to the text engraving it just juddered on the sopt and made a pretty hole in the card !

John
1n2

Post by 1n2 »

Hi Walt thank you so much for responding..
I originally post here straight off just incase its a problem others have solved.

It seems the problem of missing parts is unrelated to the juddering .

I think the missing bits problem was lines in the drawing meeting but not "joined" does that make sense?. (My sister uses Autocad for her work and drew my attention to this)I will send the file in case there's something spurious in it that causes the judder. A different vesion of this drawing engraved and cut fine with moshi except the board fried before I could finalise the drawing and to the final job.

The juddering,when it happens, (seems to be at random) causes the rest of the engraving to be displaced (to the right)
anything from 10mm to 50mm I assume this is "skipping"?

re the skipping/judder I have tried other power settings to the motors and also set the microsteps to 8 and adjusted the um to suit..I thought this had cured the judder but alas no 2/3rd through it skipped..

Should the K40 generally be at 16 ?

EDIT I have checked the belt they seem tight enough also the wheels turn nicely and seem to run smooth.........I also occasionally get the judder using the direction keys on the control pad

John
1n2

Post by 1n2 »

CURED THE JUDDERING !!!!! Wahoo!...Joy of Joys!!!!!

OK so the judder was happening randomly and at all speeds...so I thought loose connection.
Well I was close after remaking every connection and the problem remaining I was deflated.

I just happened to doubt the limit switches...sure enough one was switching on and off with vibration...new switch ..problem solved

Hope this might help someone!

John
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

That's the beaty of doing "DIY". I'm so happy that you got it figured out and that's why I like my customer to do "DIY" because you can learn! Great job! Sooner or later, all of you folks will become Laser Pro and I can just sit on my chair, relax and see you guys chatting how to make things better.

I'd like customer to post their question on the support forum rather than calling me. By posting question here, the info can be shared and I don't need to repeat the same issue again and again and... tired. :lol:

Marco
1n2

Post by 1n2 »

Tech_Marco wrote:
I'd like customer to post their question on the support forum rather than calling me. By posting question here, the info can be shared and I don't need to repeat the same issue again and again and... tired. :lol:

Marco
I feel the same ok when ya know the answer all questions are lame LOL but I always believe I cant be the only "Laser impaired" person around.

Much thanks for all your help.

Looking forward to my next upgrade !

John
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Tell me the name of the new Topic you guy like?

Something like this?
"Artwork society"
"My homework"
"Show off"
"Art work from DIY'er"
"My work"
"DIY Laser job"
"Work from my machine"
.... you guy name it. I'm ready to create one or even more upon request

Marco
1n2

Post by 1n2 »

artwork society works for me ! Marco

Its a great topic as it should/might keep folks, here, on the forum that, once they have finished their upgrade, might just leave!

OH by the way can we have an understanding built in we don't steal others work without permission...this way MORE stuff might get shown by people.

John
wctx1977

Post by wctx1977 »

We are DIY'ers so I would vote for "art work from DIY'er"

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”