Engrave beyond size

1n2

Engrave beyond size

Post by 1n2 »

Hi
I wonder if anyone can shed light on this

I have cut a top panel to mount my DSP in no problem

I experimented with an engrave but I get almost halfway through and get 'Engrave beyond size '.
I read Walt's reply in another thread and have cut speed right back to 200 and still get this error.

The strange part is I did this engrave quite well with the Moshi set up I don't think I have done anything differently in preparing the scanned drawing.

I have tried it as a BMP and a TIF file in both Lasercad and Coreldraw (x4)
any suggestions anyone?

john
Tech_Marco

Re: Engrave beyond size

Post by Tech_Marco »

You need to check the setting of "Relative position". If you don't do it setup properly, you will always get "Beyond size.." error
Make sure the Relative Position match the Home Switch as many folks always having this trouble. It's not just the acceration or speed issue. It is this: relative position

Marco
1n2

Post by 1n2 »

Tech_Marco wrote:You need to check the setting of "Relative position". If you don't do it setup properly, you will always get "Beyond size.." error
Make sure the Relative Position match the Home Switch as many folks always having this trouble. It's not just the acceration or speed issue. It is this: relative position

Marco
Thanks marco
Your service is second to none.

I am a little confused as to what you mean.
Do you mean if my home switches are top left the the relative position on the toolbar (two little boxes with an arrow) should be selected as top left?

If this is what you mean that is the setting I have.

Here's a little more info that may help.

Using Lasercad
If I put an image to engrave. The engraving will start before I get the error.
The more dense the image seems to be the sooner I get the message.
However If I type juts one letter I get the error as soon as I press start.

Is there any more info I can find to help you help me?

John
1n2

Post by 1n2 »

Please please please can anyone help..

I have tried all kinds of settings (one at a time) but cannot get the engraving to work
I just get engrave beyond size error. :cry: :cry:

Does anyone know what its actually measuring to ascertain whether its beyond size (beyond size sounds like something is or appears too big) :(

Having now spent a LOT of money on this upgrade I really would like it running asap

Thank you for ANY suggestions

John
1n2

Post by 1n2 »

here are some screen captures of the settings maybe these can help someone help me.

As I say It cuts just fine ......

John
Attachments
manu-settings.jpg
manu-settings.jpg (120.89 KiB) Viewed 2569 times
user-param.jpg
user-param.jpg (95.25 KiB) Viewed 2569 times
work-parm.jpg
work-parm.jpg (75.73 KiB) Viewed 2569 times
sys-set.jpg
sys-set.jpg (72.12 KiB) Viewed 2569 times
work-space.jpg
work-space.jpg (74.89 KiB) Viewed 2569 times
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I didn't see your setting on "Position Relative"
If your limit switches (Home) are installed at Top-Left, then you better set the positive relative to "Top-left" also called "Left-Top"

Important note: Once you have changed the mode, you need to hit "Reset" button on the LCD unit to refresh the change. Otherwise, it won't take any effect for the new change you made!

Marco
Attachments
PositionRelative.JPG
1n2

Post by 1n2 »

Tech_Marco wrote:I didn't see your setting on "Position Relative"
If your limit switches (Home) are installed at Top-Left, then you better set the positive relative to "Top-left" also called "Left-Top"

Marco
Hi Marco
Thank you so much for your time and patience

As I said earlier yes they are set "top left" on switches and top left in relative positions.

Well its late now so it will all wait until tomorrow.
Maybe I will be clearer headed and can work through everything one by one

Goodnight and thank you again

John
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I'm curious how big of your file if the problem still exist after all this setting.
Also, what is your Orign mode set to? Software, machine, or Key control?

You may want to try a small image, say 100mmx100mm before doing bigger image. Then, place it in the middle of the engraving area. Make sure you use "Key control" for the Origin mode and moved the laser head to the center and try engrave it.

If your image is in over-size say, 300x200 this big, that could be an issue if you didn't align it well. You need to make sure you have enough 'margin' on each edge for the laser head to speed up. Accelearton set X to 10,000 and Y to 5000

Marco
1n2

Post by 1n2 »

Tech_Marco wrote:I'm curious how big of your file if the problem still exist after all this setting.
Also, what is your Orign mode set to? Software, machine, or Key control?

You may want to try a small image, say 100mmx100mm before doing bigger image. Then, place it in the middle of the engraving area. Make sure you use "Key control" for the Origin mode and moved the laser head to the center and try engrave it.

If your image is in over-size say, 300x200 this big, that could be an issue if you didn't align it well. You need to make sure you have enough 'margin' on each edge for the laser head to speed up. Accelearton set X to 10,000 and Y to 5000

Marco
Hi Marco
I couldn't go to sleep LOL...Had to crack this....AND with success !!!!! :ugeek:
This error was occurring when it was just 1 letter so not a file or image size problem.
The actual item I was trying was 52mm x 85mm.
I looked at all the things that could be seen as a size thing...one by one..
It turned out to be the "origin" point I had to set it in 3mm on both the X & Y.(using the keypad!)

What was throwing me is I was moving the image over from the start point to give it the acceleration space but simply doing that did not change anything.

I have to say I am VERY impressed with the results..this is engraving so much faster and more accurate than the K40 stuff.

THANK YOU so much for your time and patience.
Now I have it working I will now sit and go through the settings to see what the "limits" are.
I do hope I shall be able to contribute and help others here..

John

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”