Wahoo my parts are starting to arrive!!!!

1n2

Wahoo my parts are starting to arrive!!!!

Post by 1n2 »

HI Marco

Just to let you know my laser power supply arrived safe and sound today THANK YOU YAY!! ...
(weird really as I ordered it 4 days after the controller which has yet to arrive go figure :roll: )

Cant wait for the rest so I can play again.

John
Tech_Marco

Re: Wahoo my parts are starting to arrive!!!!

Post by Tech_Marco »

Don't worry, it will come. USPS Priority Mail is strange sometimes. Usually I ask my customerto pay a little more to go for Express Mail which is 5~6 days compare to 9~14 days through Priority Mail.

The power supply should be dual voltage 110V/220V. Please double check the switch before power it up. In UK, it is 220V

Marco
1n2

Post by 1n2 »

Tech_Marco wrote:Don't worry, it will come. USPS Priority Mail is strange sometimes. Usually I ask my customerto pay a little more to go for Express Mail which is 5~6 days compare to 9~14 days through Priority Mail.

The power supply should be dual voltage 110V/220V. Please double check the switch before power it up. In UK, it is 220V

Marco
Hi Marco

Thanks for the reply

I aint worried I KNOW it will come just weird.

Have switched it over to 220v already.

I paid the extra for the correct drivers so hopefully it all should arrive around the same time.
I can't wait to get burning things again LOL......even the cat is looking worried!!!! (NO I dont have a cat really before we get flooded with protests)

Do I understand correctly that your air assist nozzles change the focal point? if so how much higher/lower an I am building a bed for it to keep me occupied and I will most likely have a nozzle as its got to look better than the thing I rigged up (which worked brilliantly)

Best wishes

John
1n2

Post by 1n2 »

Ouch

Just had a letter from royal mail....customs are holding my controller and require I pay $114 tax

This is now becoming a very expensive upgrade with tax and shipping :roll: .... I am guessing I'll have to pay tax on the drivers as well *sigh*

I will be so glad when I am up and running

john
dubstar_04

Post by dubstar_04 »

1n2 wrote:Ouch

Just had a letter from royal mail....customs are holding my controller and require I pay $114 tax

This is now becoming a very expensive upgrade with tax and shipping :roll: .... I am guessing I'll have to pay tax on the drivers as well *sigh*

john
I just got hit with a big bill from UK customs and excise. I paid the bill on wednesday and the package still hasn't arrived.

Where abouts are you located?
1n2

Post by 1n2 »

dubstar_04 wrote:

john
I just got hit with a big bill from UK customs and excise. I paid the bill on wednesday and the package still hasn't arrived.

I am on the Kent/London Border (where are you?) parcel force say they have it scheduled for a Tuesday delivery........you know whats galling :? I have to return two of the items as I screwed up when I ordered ...I am sure there's a form for reclaiming the VAT on the returned things.

Would be cool if the overseas people could put the item and the value as £0 or "replacement item" on the declaration.
I once had to pay VAT on a replacement camera.... that was double annoying

Although I got my power supply (express) with nothing to pay so I guess its swings and roundabouts

John
dubstar_04

Post by dubstar_04 »

1n2 wrote:
dubstar_04 wrote:

john

I am on the Kent/London Border (where are you?) parcel force say they have it scheduled for a Tuesday delivery........you know whats galling :? I have to return two of the items as I screwed up when I ordered ...I am sure there's a form for reclaiming the VAT on the returned things.

Would be cool if the overseas people could put the item and the value as £0 or "replacement item" on the declaration.
I once had to pay VAT on a replacement camera.... that was double annoying

Although I got my power supply (express) with nothing to pay so I guess its swings and roundabouts

John
I'm in Cheshire. I just checked the status of my parcel with parcelforce and the status is awaiting payment of fees. do you have any photos of your build?
1n2

Post by 1n2 »

I'm in Cheshire. I just checked the status of my parcel with parcelforce and the status is awaiting payment of fees. do you have any photos of your build?
Hi Dubstar

Not to hand I can take a few...I am not as fanatical about getting it all looking nice as many are so it will most likely look like a breakers yard :oops: .....I don't mind it looking "functional" ;) .. I have taken care to keep the AC wiring separate from all the dc and signal cables in an attempt to prevent spurious peaks and signals.
I moved the cooling fan to outside of the case to gain a little more space.
I have cut back the fume extraction thing and gained a bit more "operating table" also taken about Half inch from the hosepipe end stop and gained a bit more oh and I had a roll of the LED ribbon so I used the existing 24v power supply and wired two strips in series (as they are fitted with resistors for a 12v circuit)..VERY bright.I might knock up a PWM so I can have them on a dimmer but I probably wont cos when I get all the bits I will be too distracted burning all and sundry.

The first job I shall do is make a replacement control panel along the lines that Marco had shown us.

I am scratching my head as to how to make an adjustable table....probably make a kind of scissor jack affair :idea: ...but need my machine to cut the parts, Catch 22,..I'll be happy with a hand cranked one ! so watch this space.

Keep me posted of your progress!

John

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”