D41 power supply query

shizyo

D41 power supply query

Post by shizyo »

I have just bought a chinese CO2 laser machine and use it for around 2 months. Now when I start the machine, it doesn't move at all. I think the Moshi board has been blown up. So I think that I will upgrade it to DSP system.
My machine seems to be a D41 not D40 as I can see something like "V41 machine Idle" in the MoshiDraw software. I have taken 2 pictures of it. Could you guys please look at it and tell me whether I can upgrade it to a DSP system or not. What do I need to buy to upgrade it to the DSP system. I know that I will need:
1 pcs Commerical DSP CO2 Laser Engraving/ Cutter Controller. Support CorelDraw & AutoCad
2 pcs 1-Axis CNC/ Laser Machine Stepping Motor Driver (TB6560)
Is that all? Do I need to buy a new power supply and can I reuse other parts (i.e laser head...) of the machine?
Thank you.
ScreenShot066.jpg
ScreenShot067.jpg
waltfl

Re: D41 power supply query

Post by waltfl »

Hi there
you can use all of the mechanical and optic parts. with your powersupply I am not sure because it looks like the laser power supply could be a analog what is not for the new DSP, and you have to check your 24V main power supply if it can bring 23V and at least 10A.
I personally would use the 2M504 not the TB6560 I had some probleme but this depends on what stepper motor you have in there you need to read the label on the motors.
greetings
waltfl

shizyo wrote:I have just bought a chinese CO2 laser machine and use it for around 2 months. Now when I start the machine, it doesn't move at all. I think the Moshi board has been blown up. So I think that I will upgrade it to DSP system.
My machine seems to be a D41 not D40 as I can see something like "V41 machine Idle" in the MoshiDraw software. I have taken 2 pictures of it. Could you guys please look at it and tell me whether I can upgrade it to a DSP system or not. What do I need to buy to upgrade it to the DSP system. I know that I will need:
1 pcs Commerical DSP CO2 Laser Engraving/ Cutter Controller. Support CorelDraw & AutoCad
2 pcs 1-Axis CNC/ Laser Machine Stepping Motor Driver (TB6560)
Is that all? Do I need to buy a new power supply and can I reuse other parts (i.e laser head...) of the machine?
Thank you.
ScreenShot066.jpg
ScreenShot067.jpg
shizyo

Re: D41 power supply query

Post by shizyo »

Thanks for your reply. I have retaken the photos of the laser power supply and other parts like main power supply and stepping motor labels.
I don't know the laser power supply is a non-Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) power supply or not but it looks like a new model and I can see alot cables connected to it.
My machine's stepping motor label is 42BYGH34907-102. Do you know what Motor Driver I should use? the 2M504 or the TB6560?
I can see there is one limit switch on the machine. I don't know it's X limit switch or Y limit switch. Do I need to buy 2 new proximity limit switches to replace this original one?
By the way, I can only see 4 small wires connected the X motor to the board. It's supposed there's another 4 small wires for the Y motor but I can't see it. Do you know where I can find it?
ScreenShot068.jpg
ScreenShot070.jpg
ScreenShot071.jpg

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”