any info on the HT wire to the laser

1n2

any info on the HT wire to the laser

Post by 1n2 »

Hi Guys

I am soon to get my new power supply :D . I have looked at the existing HT connection from the LOPT to the laser and it looks to be coated in silicone sealant.
Have you any tip on me removing/replacing this as the tube looks kinda fragile?
And or what I am likely to encounter under all that gloop?

John
Tech_Marco

Re: any info on the HT wire to the laser

Post by Tech_Marco »

What you need is a silicon tube to cover the HV cable. Like this one: http://www.lightobject.com/6X9-Silicon- ... -P756.aspx

It put another layer of protection to the red HV cable. The electric resistance of silicon is great so it prevent 'arc' from happening. Also, it protect the HV from wearing-out by the chassis.

Marco
1n2

Post by 1n2 »

Tech_Marco wrote:What you need is a silicon tube to cover the HV cable. Like this one: http://www.lightobject.com/6X9-Silicon- ... -P756.aspx

It put another layer of protection to the red HV cable. The electric resistance of silicon is great so it prevent 'arc' from happening. Also, it protect the HV from wearing-out by the chassis.

Marco
Thanks for the fast response Marco

The existing connection is caked with silicone .....making the new connection is not the problem its getting the OLD lead off that looks tricky.

John
1n2

Post by 1n2 »

Update
This is really info for anyone wondering the same as I was.

OK I got a razor blade and carefully trimmed all the tubing and silicone away it came away from the little metal connector really clean so PHEW....one less thing to fret over

John

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”