sample of colored sub 3D acrylic engraving with AWC DSP

waltfl

sample of colored sub 3D acrylic engraving with AWC DSP

Post by waltfl »

Hi all
I thought I post a picture of a sub 3D engraving what is done with a K40 machine converted to the AWC DSP
that everybody can see what else can be done with this machines after conversion.
thats made from a artist made sculpture picture.engraved and then colored with "folkart"acrylic paint.
greetingd
waltfl
aquarium2color.jpg
aquarium2color.jpg (40.7 KiB) Viewed 2480 times
onelonedork

Re: sample of colored sub 3D acrylic engraving with AWC DSP

Post by onelonedork »

Any chance you could post some info on the work flow you used? I do mostly vectoring right now with DXF files, but I wouldn't mind trying my hand at something like this.
waltfl

Post by waltfl »

sure
I post two picture the first one is the original and the second one is how it should look after preparation in corel photot paint.
open the picture in photopaint, then resample to the size it should be engraved dont do it afterwards , then convert to 8 bit grey and to 318dpi and save it. then go to contrast enhancement and slide the slider that the background is white and change gama to 1.3. then go to effects and sharpen then unsharpen and slide the slider that it looks pretty much like picture #2. then save it.
then open lasercut and import the picture then dithere the picture with 0.01 and set the speed to 100 and the power to 11.5% and the scan gap to 0.04
and send it to the machine let it run 2 x I added the lasercut file that you can see
thats pretty much the run .
after this take acrylic paint and color this is tricky because of the miniature.
greetings walt
gillfish.pwj5
(152.96 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
gillfish2.jpg
gillfish2.jpg (108.44 KiB) Viewed 2459 times
gill fishcutcolor.jpg
gill fishcutcolor.jpg (390.36 KiB) Viewed 2459 times
greetings
walt
onelonedork

Post by onelonedork »

Thanks Walt! I'll give it a try this weekend and see how it turns out. I've done vectoring but not much engraving (besides line art). Need to spend a little more time mastering the second one.
twosoc

Post by twosoc »

Wow, that's amazing. I had no idea you could do something like that, very inspiring, thanks for sharing.

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”