have I bought the right stepper motor boards?

1n2

have I bought the right stepper motor boards?

Post by 1n2 »

Hi All

I am eagerly awaiting the stuff to do my upgrade so to pass the time I have been reading all i can about the work I am letting myself in for.

I have (in my order) bought 2 x ECNC-SC04 Stepping motor controller board & testers...I see in all the "how to's" that people seem to use the 2M415.
Am I going encounter problems in the setting up with the boards I have ordered?
Will I have the options, still, for current and resolution setting etc.?

Thanks for your input

John
Gadroc

Re: have I bought the right stepper motor boards?

Post by Gadroc »

John,

Those boards are NOT drivers and can not be used for the conversion. Those boards are used to test drivers and steppers. If you read the description it states you can not connect steppers directly to it.

You will need to order a pair of 2M415 drivers or equivalents.
1n2

Re: have I bought the right stepper motor boards?

Post by 1n2 »

Gadroc wrote:John,

Those boards are NOT drivers and can not be used for the conversion. Those boards are used to test drivers and steppers. If you read the description it states you can not connect steppers directly to it.

You will need to order a pair of 2M415 drivers or equivalents.
Hi Gadroc

Thanks for the heads up...when I started on this I had not read up at all and I hate to admit the speed of the internet is such that people (me included) tend to skim over stuff.

I think I was thrown by the description "ECNC-SC04 Stepping motor controller board & testers" (I put the bold)

I had better get them ordered DUH :oops:

Will Lightobject take the others back (unopened etc) for a credit against an air assist nozzle or something?

John

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”