Dsp Kit

theking

Dsp Kit

Post by theking »

Hello everyone if a buy a dsp kit conversion LSR-K40DSPKIT do i need a new stepper motor and power suply ? Anything is missing? For conversion ???? i have k40 2012 version . :? :?:
Dany.
Tech_Marco

Re: Dsp Kit

Post by Tech_Marco »

Hello Dan:

You don't need a stepping motors as the original motors will work. The power supply... well depends what you have in your machine. Post a picture here and I may be able to tell.

Marco
theking

Post by theking »

Is my ps on the machine if i buy the kit i need other parts ??? or is completed kit ? sorry my english.
Attachments
IMG_06941.jpg
IMG_06941.jpg (46.51 KiB) Viewed 6088 times
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Yes, your PS is good to go

Marco
theking

Post by theking »

Tech_Marco wrote:Yes, your PS is good to go

Marco
Ok thanks Marco i buy this kit :) Please Let me know i d'ont look in the web site lightobject a Acrylic control panel. Color options: blue, black, green, transparent ???? I need black ???
Dany.
theking

Post by theking »

Marco
Let me know if i remove a Green giant resistor ????? whit my power suply ?
theking

Post by theking »

PLease marco i need to respond for question before pass my order ???
TeacDance

Post by TeacDance »

theking wrote:

Marco
Let me know if i remove a Green giant resistor ????? whit my power suply ?
I don't use it, my ps is with out it
Last edited by TeacDance on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

theking wrote:PLease marco i need to respond for question before pass my order ???
Dan:

I guess you're not in US. It's almost 12:00am here and it's time for bed.

The kit doesn't include the panel. Your first job after the conversion is to make a cut for the panel

Marco
theking

Post by theking »

Tech_Marco wrote:
theking wrote:PLease marco i need to respond for question before pass my order ???
Dan:

I guess you're not in US. It's almost 12:00am here and it's time for bed.

The kit doesn't include the panel. Your first job after the conversion is to make a cut for the panel

Marco
Hello Marco have other question for you do you have a cad file .dxf or .dwg os other format i need for cuting the top panel if you have please send to me at pm or email thanks.
Dany.
daveman

Post by daveman »

theking wrote: Hello Marco have other question for you do you have a cad file .dxf or .dwg os other format i need for cuting the top panel if you have please send to me at pm or email thanks.
Dany.
I don't know if Marco has a DXF for the panel but the control panel is enclosed with a nice squared box in the back making measuring it out really easy. I used the stock metal as a template for cutting out the raw panel and bolted it in. I traced the opening in the laser case on the lexan. From there I just grabbed my ruler, measured the components, transferred the measurements in to the opening I traced, and cut it by hand on my scroll saw (a regular jig saw would work with patience and the right blade). It was pretty easy and turned out well. A couple of things to watch out for. The screws and nuts in the corners of the control panel are very close the metal enclosure on one side. Measure twice on these since they have to be pretty accurate. On mine, two of the screws would just spin in the holes where they attached to the panel. Made it a little tricky. I started the nut then held the screw at the end lightly with some needle nose pliers while I tightened them down. The screw heads are concealed so that was the only way but it wasn't a big deal. Took me about 30 minutes from start to finish and I was able to lay out the panel just the way I wanted it. Good luck to you on your project. You'll really enjoy using it once you get it all done, I know I have had a blast with mine.
theking

Post by theking »

WOW !!! THanks you verry mutch for this info help to me :) :o
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

For the panel to fit the DSP and the switches, I can get a file made by "G-code". It's my buddy in China created that file and make the cut for me. When I got spare time, I'll create one with CorelDraw. But now my time is totally booked!

Marco

PS. By the time I'm writing this message, I couldn't do lunch outside but making an instant noddles at 2:35pm :(
barillo66

Post by barillo66 »

Hello
I'm new of this very interesting forum
I have to do the upgrade of my k40 and I am preparing a list of things to buy:
1- you can tell me if my power supply (40W laser) is okay? (see photo)
2- I thought I put power tablet for k40, I would manually operate, I need a driver for its :D stepper motor
and maybe if you would have a diagram of how to connect?
3- I downloaded the pdf here k40 conversion_B (very clear) and laser machine wiring diagram 2 (again really clear)
I would like to know if there are changes to the schema or can I use it safely.
I was thinking of buying the kit k40 because it is impossible to work, every time half work my k40 goes crazy
and yet I ,see 20 minutes of waiting for nothing.
I hope someone answer me and Thanks in advance :D
Attachments
24062013131.jpg
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Not sure if you received my reply through email. This PS is not a good one for the DSP. Even though one may be able to use it but the quality of output is not really showing the true work from the DSP. Plus, the connection is not very compatible/standard as it is an analog PS but not a PWM so I suggest you to get a true PWM PS either from me or from other party

Power table need a small motor driver to run. A 2M415 is good to go

The connection diagram is good with one small error. There is no power cable connecting to the X stepping motor driver and you need to wire two cable to power it. Beside that, the diagram looks good

Marco

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”