Exhaust Blower idea

SScnc

Exhaust Blower idea

Post by SScnc »

I've been looking for a good (and inexpensive) exhaust blower for a long time as the original is pretty much USELESS. I was at a friends house recently and he rented one of those air bounce houses for his kids and I saw the blower that keeps it inflated and thought that would be perfect.

So I found one on ebay for $42. free shipping and got it. Hooked it up yesterday and it works better than I hoped and it's pretty quiet considering how much air it moves. I test engraved a piece of pine deep on max power and I didn't even smell it in the shop, it was blasting smoke away 10 feet outside the shop !

Here's some pics, maybe some will find it helpful....
Attachments
IMAG0785 (Small).jpg
IMAG0785 (Small).jpg (23.97 KiB) Viewed 3035 times
IMAG0781 (Small).jpg
IMAG0781 (Small).jpg (31.09 KiB) Viewed 3035 times
IMAG0780 (Small).jpg
IMAG0780 (Small).jpg (36.62 KiB) Viewed 3035 times
IMAG0784 (Small).jpg
IMAG0784 (Small).jpg (42.94 KiB) Viewed 3035 times
IMAG0783 (Small).jpg
IMAG0783 (Small).jpg (38.13 KiB) Viewed 3035 times
IMAG0782 (Small).jpg
IMAG0782 (Small).jpg (37.83 KiB) Viewed 3035 times
theking

Re: Exhaust Blower idea

Post by theking »

Hello Good idea !!!!! is it 4 inch exause ???? and please give me a link on ebay for blower ??? Thanks.
Dany.
TeacDance

Post by TeacDance »

theking wrote:Hello Good idea !!!!! is it 4 inch exause ???? and please give me a link on ebay for blower ??? Thanks.
Dany.
i have blower like this and that's enough. This is the outside end of the pipe

SScnc

Post by SScnc »

Here's another one on ebay now, http://www.ebay.com/itm/HUA-WEI-MODEL-W ... 1c2f6affe4 I added those white PVC 4" adapters to the blower, got them at home depot for like 2 bucks each.

Teac, I had 2 of those PC fans running into a 4" pipe and sealed well and it was definitely not enough flow for me, smoke and fumes would still get inside. I can cut and engrave acrylic all day now and never smell the fumes with this blower running.
waltfl

Post by waltfl »

Hi there
I am using a 6 inch inline 500CFM blower from hydrophonic ( $85 on ebay)reduce both sides to 4 inch and it pulls out everythings.
I even had to add a screnn in front of the intake on the table or it would suck out little pieces during cutting.
greetings
waltfl
SScnc

Post by SScnc »

Hi Walt,

Right, I need to add a filter to keep small parts from being pulled into the blower too. I was looking at another of your posts that show some of your work, very nice, do you have more pictures of the items you produce ?

Steve
waltfl

Post by waltfl »

hi steve
sure I got lots of send me a PM to [email protected] let me know what you are interested andthen I can send what you wana see directly to you
greetings
waltfl

SScnc wrote:Hi Walt,

Right, I need to add a filter to keep small parts from being pulled into the blower too. I was looking at another of your posts that show some of your work, very nice, do you have more pictures of the items you produce ?

Steve
SScnc

Post by SScnc »

OK great, thanks Walt, I'll email you soon.

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”