"Stepped" problem?

AndyJ

"Stepped" problem?

Post by AndyJ »

Hi,

Just finished my conversion today. I did a test engrave at 50mm/s at 35 power, PPI at 200, and got this result:

As you can see, there are two weird things with it. The first is the edges aren't sharp, they appear sort of "stepped." Both stepper drivers are at 1/16th resolution and I ran through the UM calc.

The second weird thing is that the engraving itself appears "dotted," it's not even filled in but sort of looks like speckled.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

Thanks!
waltfl

Re: "Stepped" problem?

Post by waltfl »

Hi andy
try taking out the PPI or increase to 600. check the focal hight of your material and increase the speed to 80 to 100 and lower the power to 20 to 25
greetings
walt

AndyJ wrote:Hi,

Just finished my conversion today. I did a test engrave at 50mm/s at 35 power, PPI at 200, and got this result:

As you can see, there are two weird things with it. The first is the edges aren't sharp, they appear sort of "stepped." Both stepper drivers are at 1/16th resolution and I ran through the UM calc.

The second weird thing is that the engraving itself appears "dotted," it's not even filled in but sort of looks like speckled.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

Thanks!

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”