SPARKS! FIRE! :o :o :o

anchange

SPARKS! FIRE! :o :o :o

Post by anchange »

Just got my k40 laser working with the AWC608 controller. I’m rasterring and sometimes I hear a pop /spark / strike sound coming from the far end (the not laser emitting end) of the co2 tube I can see a flash of light too through the cracks in the sheet metal case. The breaker doesn’t pop and the fuse doesn’t blow. The print continues and you can’t see a problem in the final raster output, it’s a little bit scary though. It may be happening more often when the PWN is set to lower frequencies but this could be a false correlation. Has anyone experienced this???
waltfl

Re: SPARKS! FIRE! :o :o :o

Post by waltfl »

Hi
yes many have experienced this the probleme is that the contact ( red wire ) sparks against the housing. you need to insulate this contact with a heatshrink and additional with a bigger pice of pvc hose and fill this with silicone.
greetings
waltfl

anchange wrote:Just got my k40 laser working with the AWC608 controller. I’m rasterring and sometimes I hear a pop /spark / strike sound coming from the far end (the not laser emitting end) of the co2 tube I can see a flash of light too through the cracks in the sheet metal case. The breaker doesn’t pop and the fuse doesn’t blow. The print continues and you can’t see a problem in the final raster output, it’s a little bit scary though. It may be happening more often when the PWN is set to lower frequencies but this could be a false correlation. Has anyone experienced this???
anchange

Post by anchange »

Where is it arcing from? Right where the Red wire connects to the glass tube? Not sure I see what you mean about PVC pipe and silicone. Can you provide me some pictures or point me to the right thread, I'm searching but can't find it. Thank you for the help waltfl!
waltfl

Post by waltfl »

hi there
yes the sprak mostly comes from the red wire conection. sorry no picture but what I mean is put a piece of good fitting heatshrink tube over the wire after you wind it realy tight around the tube connector and the take a match or lighter and shrink it down but be carefull not to much heat and to long on it or you can crack the glass tube. then try a runn again if the hissing is gone you are fine ( mostly) if not then you take a 1/4 inch PVC tube just a bit longer then the conection then fill it with silicon caulk and let it try.
you also should check your red wire if this is maybe damaged.
greetings
waltfl

anchange wrote:Where is it arcing from? Right where the Red wire connects to the glass tube? Not sure I see what you mean about PVC pipe and silicone. Can you provide me some pictures or point me to the right thread, I'm searching but can't find it. Thank you for the help waltfl!
anchange

Post by anchange »

This worked great thanks waltfl!
pannaus

Post by pannaus »

Hey guys, I had the same problem. Actually, I used 3 lamps and now the third, that I used probably 1 hour max is making my AC snap.
The machine is connected to the ground wire and the red cable was well insulated.

Actually, I think it might be a problem of the water pump, as it was running but very few water was getting into the lamp.
Now, is the lamp gone? We heard the flashing noise, then, when we try to turn it back on, it just makes the entire AC system shut down.

Any advice? this is the third lamp after very little use of them and it gets very frustrating :(

Thanks for your helP!
pannaus

Post by pannaus »

I've seen the fusibile was burnt. I got a new one, but even if the machine turns on, the fan is not working. The dsp works and if I select a file, with the laser wire not attached everything works just fine.

Any tips or solutions to fix the PS?
waltfl

Post by waltfl »

Hi
look inside the PSu there is somewhere in the front a fuse maybe under a wire
greetings
waltfl

pannaus wrote:I've seen the fusibile was burnt. I got a new one, but even if the machine turns on, the fan is not working. The dsp works and if I select a file, with the laser wire not attached everything works just fine.

Any tips or solutions to fix the PS?
pannaus

Post by pannaus »

thanks watfl, I've replaced the fuse but when I turn the machine back on, the fuse gets burnt again.
Must be something inside the powersupply...
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Open the cover of the power supply and take some pictures of it. I'd to see what power supply you got

Marco

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”