K40 upgrade problem

mondo50m

K40 upgrade problem

Post by mondo50m »

I have just finished my upgrade on a K40 machine. The only problem that I am having at the moment is during cutting. If I draw a 1" (25.4mm) square in LaserCut, when it cuts out it is only 20mm. I have tried various things to get this corrected, but am having no luck. I even tried to set the stepper to 1/16, this made the circle cut super huge. Any help will be appreciated, can not use the unit as it is.

Milt
Gadroc

Re: K40 upgrade problem

Post by Gadroc »

Your pulse unit is set wrong. There is a calculator built into the setting panel to fix it.

Print out 10mm x 10mm square, then measure what actually got cut. Next enter those numbers into that calculator and it will set the pulse units correctly.
mondo50m

Post by mondo50m »

Thanks much for your help. I did as you suggested and then saved it (PW 608?). After I did that, it resets properly, but the arrows are now all backwards. I imagine I must have done something wrong. By the way, I can now make a 10mm square and a 25.4mm circle. Back to the drawing board tomorrow. I may just delete the program from the computer and reload it, might work.

Milt
Gadroc

Post by Gadroc »

There is a setting called key direction in manufacturer settings as well. If your right/left keys are opposite switch x key direction to the opposite of what it's currently set to (negative to positive or vice versa). You can do the same to the y axis for up/down arrows.
mondo50m

Post by mondo50m »

Thanks again, I should have started using this forum a long time ago.

Milt
mondo50m

Post by mondo50m »

I have finished my convesion and all is working well. I just have to remember that when changing a parameter, it does not save and always apply, I must save it myself. Now, the only thing is.....sometimes when I open the Lasercut program in windows, it opens in a foreign language and I must shut it down and keep opening it until it comes up with english. Yes, I selected english when I installed it. Is it possible to delete the foreign language files so that this does not happen, or will that cause a greater problem? It is not impossible to live with, it is just a pain.

Milt ;)

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”