LED-1W850-X

grizzle

LED-1W850-X

Postby grizzle » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:24 am

I was wondering, if I wanted to wire uo a single 1 watt 850 nm LED (part number in title), what voltage and current would I need for a wall adapter, and what resistor value? Thanks for your time!
:D

grizzle

Re: LED-1W850-X

Postby grizzle » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:43 am

p.s. - Is this rating "watts" as in the term milliwatt/Steradian? As in, the absolute lighht output in milliwatts with the beam angle taken into account? Is there a data sheet for these LEDs?

grizzle

Postby grizzle » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:07 am

Hello! Is there anybody out there? The LEDs are useless to me unless I can find out how to hook them up, and I certainly won't re-order or direct others to this company if I can't get an answer. I tried emailing lightobject but it failed, and am not making a long-distance phone call for this.

Tech_Marco

Postby Tech_Marco » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:36 am

Sorry, this is not a school. Youd should know how to use it before buying . This is a compoent and we can't teach peope step by step. The specification of the LED clearly stated from the page and LED just got two wires + and -. How hard is it to to use it

grizzle

Postby grizzle » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:15 am

Tech_Marco wrote:Sorry, this is not a school. Youd should know how to use it before buying . This is a compoent and we can't teach peope step by step. The specification of the LED clearly stated from the page and LED just got two wires + and -. How hard is it to to use it

I am not asking to be taught anything, smart aleck. And you're right about that, this forum will never be mistaken for a school. When I used to sell Opto Diode Corporation's OD 663's as completed lights, they had no problem saving me the trouble of figuring the resistor value and noting the amperage neccesary for a 12 volt adapter. It's not that much of a problem for someone who is supposed to know what they're selling. They also, like all reputable companies, have data sheets for their components and rate their LEDs in mW/Sr (milliwatt/Steradian), a rating of the light output with the angle taken into account. A "watt" could mean the output or just the power it consumes without regard to efficiency of transduction. I will go hunt up the information elsewhere, and I will make sure to note all of this when posting on other forums where I might have posted good things about your company. Forums frequented by people who might otherwise have came to you to order your LEDs. Have a nice day.

p.s. - It is also the mark of a shady company that their email address won't accept messages.

Tech_Marco

Postby Tech_Marco » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:43 pm

I'm sorry if you feel offensive. But pleaser doublec check your post:
"if I wanted to wire uo a single 1 watt 850 nm LED (part number in title), what voltage and current would I need for a wall adapter, and what resistor value"

There are hundreds on wall ac adapter out there, 3V,5V,7.5V,9V...... you name it. I don't know which one you mention! In fact, the question you asked is a very fundamental electronics rule R=V/I. You got to learn those yourself.

Second, we're a small company and man power is very limited. You can't simply take other company to compare with us as we're a small 'potatoe' and fund is very limited to keep the business running. I'm wondering why people don't ask me "How come you're selling things so cheap on such such product whilre others charging more than 50% to 100% more, it's no right!" I'm telling you the true, if we make good money, I don't mind to hire a full time technican to answer technical question for all people. I have been dealing over 100,000 customers so far and if everyone send me an email to ask those kind of fundation question, how much time left for me to help other folks to solve the problem. I'm here to help people to solve problems to the products they purchase from me. For example, temperature controlling is showing 'EEEE' when power up, or how come the CNC controller couldn't fire the laser with Mach3. Or, how to make the meter suitable for a 60V golf cart... this is considered a 'real question'. But I'm not here to teach the basic forumla like V= I*R.

Third, I did list the specification for the LED:
Specification

•Wavelength: 850nm
•Vf: 1.4~1.5V
•Vr: 5V
•If: 350mA
•Ipusle: 1000mA
•Tjun: 125'C
•Tsol: 5second @ 260'C
•MCD=50@ 350mA, MCD=70@400mA
•Angle: 160'

Tech_Marco

Postby Tech_Marco » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:52 pm

I receive about 200 emails a day so I have no idea what you mean of "p.s. - It is also the mark of a shady company that their email address won't accept messages." Seems you're the only one complaining it so far. Let it say if the mail server really did reject a message due to some unkown issue, and you can conclude that a company is in 'shaky' because of that? Is that really that simply to determine how good or how bad a company? If a friend sent you a email and the email got bounced back, then you friend start calling you 'shady' or a freak? Fair enough??

If we're not accepting message here, we could't get over 50,000 total feedback from the eBay 3 account. Our feedback average in 99.4% See ColdfusionX and Lightobjects . Seeing is what you believe, not just talking!

Return to “LED”