COMPUTER WILL NOT CONNECT TO L0-X7 DSP!! **UPDATE: NOW FIXED!**"

paxdan

COMPUTER WILL NOT CONNECT TO L0-X7 DSP!! **UPDATE: NOW FIXED!**"

Post by paxdan »

I recently purchased the L0-X7 DSP and loaded LaserCAD V7.86.1 onto my computer (Windows 7). The LCD display WILL NOT connect to the computer under any conditions. I have tried to use the supplied USB cable, as well as a network connection and no matter how I try to connect I always get the "communicating unsuccessful!" error message when trying to use the "Select Mode" button. The "select mode" window always shows COM3, COM13, and COM21 as default options, and can also detect the LCD panel to some extent because it also shows "_AWC_0600D014" as a machine name. However, trying to use the "add" button and the "find com" function always results in the error message. I tried the ethernet connection and despite my computer being on the same network as the LCD panel, it was also resulted in the same error message. I tested the ethernet connection by pinging the LCD panel address. The LCD panel is powered on and is able to move the steppers properly. I tried all the steps with several USB cables, and plugged the USB in the port on the back of the unit, as well as through the splitter cable that came with the unit. I also tried connecting with 2 different computers. I can't help but think this unit is defective.
Attachments
IMG_4963.JPG
IMG_4963.JPG (77.79 KiB) Viewed 1681 times
IMG_4964.JPG
IMG_4964.JPG (75.06 KiB) Viewed 1681 times
IMG_4962.JPG
IMG_4962.JPG (107.03 KiB) Viewed 1681 times
Last edited by paxdan on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tech_Marco

Re: COMPUTER WILL NOT CONNECT TO L0-X7 DSP!!

Post by Tech_Marco »

Download the RayCam instead of LaserCad

Marco
paxdan

Re: COMPUTER WILL NOT CONNECT TO L0-X7 DSP!!

Post by paxdan »

**** FIXED ****
The RayCAD download worked! I had read the manual that was linked to in the product description before purchasing the unit, and it specified to use the LaserCAD software. Apparently units sold after 2016 only work with the RayCAD software now.

Return to “DSP X7”