900x600 build question

AndyKunz

900x600 build question

Post by AndyKunz »

Hi Marco,

I'm building the 900x600 XY right now, and have a couple quick questions.

1) There are M4x11 and M4x16 bolts, roughly equal numbers of each. I am assuming that 11mm will be for going into blocks and 16mm will be for through-holes. Is this correct? Or is there a document somewhere showing which lengths to use in each location?

2) I'm trying to add the Y motor mount to the frame, but I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong. The frame is drilled so that the base block can be mounted to the frame. There are 2 holes for this, and it makes a LOT of sense that this is required for maximum rigidity. There are also 6 holes for mounting the vertical plate to the back side of same frame member. However, if I use the holes that go up from the bottom, the holes in the rear panel are very misaligned. See the photo.

If I align the holes on the back, the ones from the bottom are just as mis-aligned. Got a suggestion?

Thanks.

Andy
Attachments
Misalignment of mounting holes for Y motor when base block bolts are installed.
Misalignment of mounting holes for Y motor when base block bolts are installed.
AndyKunz

Re: 900x600 build question

Post by AndyKunz »

Never mind, I figured out what I did wrong. It must be getting late!

I had tightened down the bolts going up from the bottom too tight. Once I loosened them, I was able to get the six on the back in, then methodically tightened everything down and it pulled in nicely from both directions.

Guess I better hit the hay.

Andy
Tech_Marco

Re: 900x600 build question

Post by Tech_Marco »

Andy

You beat me. I was ready to reply you but you found the solution. Thiae stage should be perfect made and it hardly miss drilled. I checked with my freliend and he concluded that no problem go nd on his drawing abiut the bidy case.

He sent me a couple files and I will forward to you later. Recently I am busy doing Water Chiller design and working on some management software so I may late to reply

Marco
Attachments
LO_chiller.jpg

Return to “CNC zone”