XLE1200X900 XY stage

daniel.macke

XLE1200X900 XY stage

Post by daniel.macke »

Hello,
I just finished assembly and test run of my XLE1200X900 table, and it works just great!
I had to change the motors as I didn't noticed the included ones were 3 phase when ordering, and my controllers (already installed) are 2 phase (GECKO 203V)
Maybe an option could be offered for this...
What are the advantages of using 3 phase motors, can I improve my system (speed, dynamics...) by mounting them back in association with the controllers you offer?
I am now using motors with 1,8N.m holding torque, and getting very smooth running at 150mm/s and 1500mm/s² (I did not try anything higher...)
This system is really something unexpected at this price level : very complete kit (including even some extra screws...), high quality machined parts making it so easy to assemble, great design with high accuracy and very few wear parts, all standard and easy to replace. Thanks for offering that!
Tech_Marco

Re: XLE1200X900 XY stage

Post by Tech_Marco »

Sure you can use two phase motor to replace the 3 phase motor. The 3 phase motor just provide an extra fine stepping; 1.2degpree per pulse instead of 1.8 degpree on 2 phase motor. But, this can be done by using higher micro step on the motor driver setup. You can set it to 4000 or 5000 and enjoyed higher torque on 2 phase motor.

Marco

Return to “CNC zone”