Raffles

Tech_Marco

Raffles

Post by Tech_Marco »

Hey folks:

Summer is coming and I wish you all well!

I'm thinking to setup a raffle on monthly base (could be weekly base) if anyone is interested. The prize would be something from laser tube, Laser power supply, to DSP controller card. Of course ticket price varies upon the item for the raffle. For example, the ticket price for a 40W tube could be $5 while a ticket price for the DSP is $10 or more. I think it would be fun and exciting! (Local Shipping cost is included. Foreigner need to pay Int'l S/H)

Let me know if anyone has different idea or any suggestion to make things more fun and fair, your input is greatly appreciated! I need a game plan!

Marco :D
WanderingWombat66

Re: Raffles

Post by WanderingWombat66 »

Would it be a good idea to have a gift voucher or credit? So you could have different prices for different amounts, $100 prize cost $5 or something like that. That way people could choose what they wanted to the value of the prize.

I like the idea of having items as well, just thought I would chuck the idea in! I would be up for buying tickets, its a great idea whichever way you do it.

Dawn :)
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I was told that it involved quite complicated law issue by doing raffles. It is considered as gambling and state law prohibited. Seems mission impossible even though I want to do it for my boy's swimming team fund raising.

Any other idea or suggestion? To be the worst (to me) but good to you folks, I can make donation out of my pocket and offer "no buying" but simply a lucky draw. :D

Marco :cry:
WanderingWombat66

Post by WanderingWombat66 »

I was told that it involved quite complicated law issue by doing raffles. It is considered as gambling and state law prohibited. Seems mission impossible even though I want to do it for my boy's swimming team fund raising.

Any other idea or suggestion? To be the worst (to me) but good to you folks, I can make donation out of my pocket and offer "no buying" but simply a lucky draw. :D

Marco :cry:
Always some bureaucrat that wants to make things way more complicated than they need to be, would of been a great idea. :roll:

Return to “Others”