Software

Kiwi53

Software

Post by Kiwi53 »

hi all
Do I really need LaserCad?. Is there another program that I can use, I opened lasercad an found it a bit useless, when open a DXF file all the holes turned into squares!! :o an that layer by colours was
not working as it started with engrave an black colour, worked out how to change to cut, but the colour thing is a bit annouing an can't delete a colour if required, :evil: as for drawing anything, you can't edit
the drawing, accually the whole DXF file was a complete shamble. None of the corners were rounded an holes square or diamand shape.
So far I'm not empressed about the lasercad prog. :cry:
Thanks
Neil
NickWL

Re: Software

Post by NickWL »

LaserCAD is really just an interface/control program between your design software of choice and the DSP unit.
If you want to control the DSP with its full range of subtlety then LaserCAD is the only way (as far as I am aware)
Nick
Kiwi53

Post by Kiwi53 »

here is an example of what I am saying, :geek: ok I don't have the laser working atm so it might come out correct but by looking at the pic I just don't think it would. :|
Attachments
example.jpg
NickWL

Post by NickWL »

A lot of people - possibly the majority (just a guess) use CorelDRAW (but not v7) to generate the input.
Corel can take a wide variety of file formats - including DXF - and, provided it has been correctly installed, it includes a link which moves your completed file into LaserCAD for final tweaking of power, cutting speeds etc.
Your design should print completely as expected if it goes this route.
Nick
Kiwi53

Post by Kiwi53 »

hi
fair enough but I'm not going to pay out $700 for that prog.
On my cnc router I use VCarve Pro and Mach3, accually I'd rather use
VCarve Pro an Mach3, least in VCarve I can rework the drawing if
it needs it.
Neil
NickWL

Post by NickWL »

$700 is only for the v7 which doesn't work with LaserCAD anyway!
I bought mine, v6, on eBay for about $80.
Nick

ps - I've just had a closer look at your pictures - very odd! I've never had LaserCAD do anything like this to any of my input!
Kiwi53

Post by Kiwi53 »

Hi,
Ok I'll check ebay out an see what there is about. Thanks Nick

Neil
WoodChucksCNC

Post by WoodChucksCNC »

A friend and I are also having the same problem with dxf exports from Vectric Aspire v8.012 to LaserCad 7.09.
I have found that if you export to AI and then import to LaserCad that the file is correct but the problem is that you loose you're colors from layers.

I sure wished that this could be fixed in whichc everprogram that is causing the problem.

Return to “Others”