Reci Tubes as replacement for old style tubes

danvanw

Reci Tubes as replacement for old style tubes

Post by danvanw »

I have a Rabbit 1290 80W, with the old style co2 tube ( 2.5 " / 57mm diameter ). The power supplies I have ( 1 in use and a spare ) have a label that says the high voltage is 20K, but I read that the spec for the Reci firing voltage is 24K. If I switch to the 80mm diameter 80W Reci tube, do I need to replace the power supply? I know I need new mounting brackets for the Reci tube. If I buy the tube(s) from Lightobject, can you also provide the new mounting brackets?
Tech_Marco

Re: Reci Tubes as replacement for old style tubes

Post by Tech_Marco »

You may not be able to trigger the tube if the max voltage is merely 20KV. But I don't trust those label until I tested it myself
If the trigger voltage is low, then you need to tune the output higher to initiated the fire but you may not be able to do if the triggering voltage is too low. Bad thing for low triggering voltage is that you may lose fine detail on engraving especailly for low output setting. But it is no harm to test it youself. If the result is good, then you probably don't need to change the power supply.

Mraco
danvanw

Re: Reci Tubes as replacement for old style tubes

Post by danvanw »

Thanks. I ordered the Reci tube and the mounting brackets. I found the brackets on your site by searching for "mount" on the products page.

I appreciate your help.

Return to “Others”