Wiring diagram needed for NEMA 17 42HS02 Stepper motor

Anthrobones

Wiring diagram needed for NEMA 17 42HS02 Stepper motor

Post by Anthrobones »

I recently purchased the NEMA 17 42HS02 Stepper motor, and I need the breakout for the wiring. Not depicted on the website, please post.
Tech_Marco

Re: Wiring diagram needed for NEMA 17 42HS02 Stepper motor

Post by Tech_Marco »

1 & 4
and
3 & 6

If you connect 1 & 4 together (shorted circuit), you will find some resistance when you twist the axial. If you free no difference (freely move), then 1 & 4 is not in pair, so does 3&6. It is the basic testing method to find out the stepping motor pairing

Marco
Anthrobones

Post by Anthrobones »

So your telling me to hook it up, POWER IT, and feel for resistance? You cannot simply tell me the pin-out for a product you sell?? Are you going to replace it when I blow the motors?

Tech_Marco wrote:1 & 4
and
3 & 6

If you connect 1 & 4 together (shorted circuit), you will find some resistance when you twist the axial. If you free no difference (freely move), then 1 & 4 is not in pair, so does 3&6. It is the basic testing method to find out the stepping motor pairing

Marco
Stephen6309

Post by Stephen6309 »

Spinning a stepper motor by hand won't generate much current to damage the motor. You can also use a multimeter to see which pairs are connected.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Anthrobones wrote:So your telling me to hook it up, POWER IT, and feel for resistance? You cannot simply tell me the pin-out for a product you sell?? Are you going to replace it when I blow the motors?
I already told you that it is 1,4 and 3,6 . I just wanted to tell you more how to test a stepping motor without knowing the cable. If you can't do it, no problem just send it back for refund.

Marco

Return to “Others”