12ch rf remote kit to control lights

priest260

12ch rf remote kit to control lights

Post by priest260 »

Hi I'm new to all this so forgive me. I bought a 12ch rf remote kit to install in my car. I want to hook up the led undderglow lights on the outside of the car and the EL wire from the inside of the car to the kit. Can this work? Can I opperate both sets of lights at the same time? Can I hook this up to remote start my car? Any input is more than welcome. Like I said before I'm kinda new to the electronics scene.
Tech_Marco

Re: 12ch rf remote kit to control lights

Post by Tech_Marco »

Yes you can. Just remember that this RF control is just like a remote 'switch' but with 3 different controlling mode (selectiable): Momentary, Toggle, and Latch. In your case, you may want the Toggle mode which is one press = On, press again = off.

The output (switch) is relay, providing Normally Open (NO) and Normally Closed (NC) contact and Common (COM). You need to route power to the COM port and get output from the N.O. terminal. Once the relay energized, the N.O. contact become closed contact and then conducting current. You can feed in any power to the relay COM, NO,NC terminals from DC/AC 0V to 250V. Max current controlling is 3A for high voltage.

Marco
priest260

Re: 12ch rf remote kit to control lights

Post by priest260 »

Awesome that was a very helpful reply! I have one last question though. Are you able to use just the remote to switch between toggle, momentary, and latched? Or is it like a manual setting you have to do to each relay on the main board?
I other words can you use all three modes on one channel at a touch of a button?

Return to “RF Wireless Controller”