FCC Part 15 Requirements

ghonis

FCC Part 15 Requirements

Post by ghonis »

Concerning Model RF8A, the 8 Channel RF Remote controller:

I need a system with a low transmit power to meet FCC Part 15 regulations that require the field strength does not exceed 200 microvolts/meter at a measured distance of 3 meters. Does this module comply? Does the maximum power level exceed 10 milliwatts? Do you have detailed specifications available?
Tech_Marco

Re: FCC Part 15 Requirements

Post by Tech_Marco »

ghonis wrote:Concerning Model RF8A, the 8 Channel RF Remote controller:

I need a system with a low transmit power to meet FCC Part 15 regulations that require the field strength does not exceed 200 microvolts/meter at a measured distance of 3 meters. Does this module comply? Does the maximum power level exceed 10 milliwatts? Do you have detailed specifications available?

I don't know what the power level is but our RF controllers have been certified by FCC and registered under "Annex Depot Inc". You can go to http://www.FCC.gov to verify
ghonis

Post by ghonis »

Thank you for the information. I see from the FCC web site that the FCC Certification covers both your 8 and 12 Channel Models.

Will the "12CH RF Wireless Remote Control (Tx), Item #ERF-RM12A433" work with the "8CH RF Wireless Remote Control Tx/Rx Kit, Item #ERF-8A433"? I assume that the "ERF-RM12A433" uses the same electronics as the "RF12A" wireless remote control that comes with the "12Ch RF Wireless Remote Control Tx/Rx Kit, Item #ERF-12A433"?
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Yes, the 1st 8 button from the 12ch Tx can control a eight channel remote system (8A). But I didn't spend too much time to try everythikng out but simply testing whether the relays were energized with the 12ch tx unit on a 8channel receiver.

If you can order in quantity say 100 or more, I can have my supplier to customized made the 9ch Tx with the master switch for you
ghonis

Post by ghonis »

Thanks for checking this for me. I just placed an order for both units. If they work well for my planned implementation, I will order about a dozen units for field testing before ordering larger quantities. The extra buttons on the 12 channel transmitter are not a problem.

Having the FCC Certification is is an advantage of this system over others that have not gone through the process.

Thanks again
ghonis

Post by ghonis »

I was able to get the 12-channel remote (ERF-RM12A433) working well with the 8-channel system. The 8-channel remote transmitter came with an FCC sticker label "FCC ID VDURF12A". The 12-Channel remote did not come with an FCC sticker label. Can you provide the 12-Channel remote with an FCC sticker label?

Also, I will need to cover all the 1/4 inch diameter holes in the plastic case of the receiver unit. Can the receiver case be provided with no holes?

Thanks for your help.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

New coming system will get the sticker on both
ghonis

Post by ghonis »

That's good news. I'm sending an email to sales to place an order and for a clarification.

Return to “RF Wireless Controller”