power supply?

valsamis

power supply?

Post by valsamis »

Hello,

I recently bought the 8 channel unit.

History: The house was built with an old low voltage to high voltage electrical system. There is low voltage at the switch which triggers a relay in the attic to turn on the high voltage. I have already purchased a low voltage switch and have used diodes to create the zone lighting effect.

This installation: I want to be able to control the zone lighting from the remote. Momentary settings on the unit tied in to the zone lighting switches should allow me to do this.

The problem: Need to buy a plug in VAC to 12V DC power adapter for this application that i can plug in to the unit for constant power. Since i'm going to hide the switch in the sheetrock, i don't want to have to unscrew the zone lighting switch to replace a dc battery hanging in the back.

Question: Is there something i can buy from the website (lightobject). If not, then what am i looking for specifically (12VDC ?AMPS?)

Much appreciated in advance.

-nick
Tech_Marco

Re: power supply?

Post by Tech_Marco »

Any DC12V with 100mA current or higher is good for this controller. We do carry 12V 0.5A (500mA) and you may consider it
But make sure the input is AC 100V or above but less than 240V as you just mention Low voltage and High voltage, I really don't know how low and how high you have there
valsamis

Re: power supply?

Post by valsamis »

Thanks for the prompt reply. I think I'm gonna see if I have some old appliance power supplies around the house.

Its 12v low voltage at the switch which triggers a 110v relay in the attic. Its regular power at the outlets and lights, just low voltage at the switch

This is gonna be great.

Return to “RF Wireless Controller”