Receiver Chipset - 2516?

1000RR

Receiver Chipset - 2516?

Post by 1000RR »

I purchased the wireless receiver: ERF-1A433C - Multi-function 1CH RF Remote Control Tx/Rx Set

It is compatible with the chipsets 1527 and 2262. Unfortunately/unknowingly I purchased a really nice wireless PIR motion sensor that I'm trying to wire into a car alarm (to be used as a trailer alarm) and the chipset in the PIR is 2516.

Does anyone know if a 12V 433MHz receiver is made that will communicate with the RF2516? Also, it appears I may need it to have a recycle time as well... where it will activate the relay for "X" number of seconds and then reset itself.

Any thoughts? My fallback plan is to find a different PIR, the downfall to this (from what I've found) is that the one I bought has outstanding battery life and all the others I've seen seem to have only 6 months of battery life.

Thanks in advance.
Tech_Marco

Re: Receiver Chipset - 2516?

Post by Tech_Marco »

Even with the same chipset, it won't work on your application because different encode/decode has been programmed into the chip

Regards,
Marco
1000RR

Post by 1000RR »

Thanks for the response Marco. Admittedly, I don't know a ton about the encode/decode programming. Do you have any suggestions on being able to utilize a wireless PIR via a 12V receiver with my application? Obviously I just need the PIR to be able to communicate w/the receiver. Any suggestions in how to go about finding that or if it's possible?

Thanks in advance.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Sorry I don't know it because I just imported the module from the supplier.
There is no tech data provided by the supplier/manufacturer and they won't share the coding at all.
I think they worry too much about "copy cat". The competition in China is extremely high and everyone is trying very hard to protect their work & effort as much as possible. That give us some headache as some customers though that we didn't want to help. It is really not the case. It is really out of our hands :cry:

Marco
1000RR

Post by 1000RR »

Thanks again for the prompt response Marco. I've got some other options instead of running a PIR, I'll have to look into that further. Thanks again!

Return to “RF Wireless Controller”