Yes like that
No votes
Yes but better with my help
No votes

Total votes: 0

Eco9

Wireless doormat alarm

Post by Eco9 »

Very new to these kinds of projects. Iam a metal fabricator so I use hammers and torches. I am trying to take a Halloween mat with a pressure sensitive pad in it and converter it to a wireless alarm mat. If I install the transmitter from a garage door opener remote to the mat with power then add power and some sort of light/buzzer to the receiver then I don't need to worry about coding the "universal" receiver and garage door opener together because the receiver will "learn" the garage door opener remote??? Please tell me if I am way off or it might work. Only need one channel, I have no clue how to code so the receiver needs to be able to "learn" the garage door opener remote and be pretty cheap. What should I use to make this work. Also can't have wires because the old lady can't know about it and my kid opens the door to yell at me or I would do a door alarm. Can I take a cobra walkie talkie apart and use to transmitter and receiver from that? Should I use a different system that you think is better?? Lastly are there brick and mortar stores that sell these products, radio shack said no products found. Would like to physically touch and handle this stuff before I buy, thanks to everyone who responds.
Stephen6309

Re: Wireless doormat alarm

Post by Stephen6309 »

How about using a wireless doorbell kit? Wire the pad across the switch.

Return to “RF Wireless Controller”