RF4A 4 channel RF control system question

laserman

RF4A 4 channel RF control system question

Post by laserman »

I have the four channel system. The manual says RF4A, the board is marked 404R. The unit responds with the siren when the buttons are pushed when no load is applied to the relays. When I apply a load to the relays (I followed the manual set up (A common, B Normally open (+ 12 v load), C normally closed (- 12v load)) I get no voltage through the common lines, and the relays do a rapid sputtering/clicking) What am I doing wrong?
Thanks

As a follow up, I see there is a revised manual in the library for this unit. It states A=NC, B=NO, C=C. I wired it up accordingly to this configuration, and get nothing. No siren, no clicking, etc.

And to add one more piece to my mystery here relative to what the lines really are, In using a continuity tester, I do get a closed circuit between A & B. This leads me to believe that A or possible B is the common line with the other being NC...

See my frustration here?
laserman

Re: RF4A 4 channel RF control system question

Post by laserman »

for the four channel unit upon further testing I have learned the following: A=NC, B=C, C=NO. Additionally for momentary mode, J1= Open, J2= Open. latched J1= Short, J2=Open. This is the case on the units I have bought. I suggest your documentation be re evaluated. Also, what I do not understand the channels do not correspond to the channels on the remote. A activates channel 3 and D activates channel 4.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Please do more research on relay. A relay doesn't provide any voltage unless you inject to. It's either Open Or Closed contact. It's a mechaniic switch to control on and off action. A switch does not output votlage itself
laserman

Post by laserman »

I agree with your comments. However, my system is now working good based on my last post. I suspect your documentation is not keeping up with changes being made at the factory. This documentation error caused me a lot of rework and blown fuses due to shorts. I'm sure others that buy these units to control expensive devices will need to be wary of the instructions until they have done complete bench testing.

I do like this product however. The only thing about this RC unit I do not like is that the siren sounding each time a command is given is annoying. It would be nice to be able to disable it after it has learned the code from the transmitter.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

It's so funny here. You don't like the siren but other complain and even yell at me.
"Where in thell is the siren, you sold me a wrong item and I need a full refund!"
I guess this is the natural of the world that we could never satisfy all people no matter how much effoert we tried.

Regarding the relay, I don't see any part of mistakingly doc. A relay is just a relay. So simply that it's a mechanic switch. May be you can point me out which part is incorrrect. I sold over 10K quantity and I don't see anyone complain that the relay was wrong doc. May be you can give me a hint.

laserman wrote:I agree with your comments. However, my system is now working good based on my last post. I suspect your documentation is not keeping up with changes being made at the factory. This documentation error caused me a lot of rework and blown fuses due to shorts. I'm sure others that buy these units to control expensive devices will need to be wary of the instructions until they have done complete bench testing.

I do like this product however. The only thing about this RC unit I do not like is that the siren sounding each time a command is given is annoying. It would be nice to be able to disable it after it has learned the code from the transmitter.

Return to “RF Wireless Controller”