Power supply for 1ch Tx fob

Proteus

Power supply for 1ch Tx fob

Post by Proteus »

I recently purchased a number of 1ch TxRx kits and they are working well however, when I tried to use a regulated 12V supply instead of the 12V battery for the Tx fob it appears to have damaged it. The LED on the Tx fob still lights when the button is pressed but it will not pair with the Rx units. I have tried removing the regulated 12V supply and using the supplied 12V (actually most of the batteries I received were mostly dead 6-11V) battery again but I get the same result. The LED lights when the button is pressed but it will not pair with any Rx unit. Is the Tx unit not actually rated for 12V? Is there some programming that is lost when a battery is replaced?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Tech_Marco

Re: Power supply for 1ch Tx fob

Post by Tech_Marco »

No, memory on the receiver won't get lost after battery removed from the receiver itself or the transmitter. Possible the power supply you used was not a good one. Probabaly not regulated well. You may add a capacitor say 50V, 220uF see if it can fix it.

In the mean time, you may want to erase the memeory on the receiver and do 'learning' again. Possible it will recover.

Return to “RF Wireless Controller”