RF controller advise

ontarget

RF controller advise

Post by ontarget »

i need some advise on your products. i am searching for a remote control device that can be controlled by an Arduino micro processor. The remote control transmitter will be contained in a "briefcase" sized enclosure with an aluminum panel. So i suspect a panel mounted antenna will be required. The remote control system will need to be at least a 4 channel device transmitting to individual relay type switches with a range of 500 yards if possible.

Thank you for your assistance
Tech_Marco

Re: RF controller advise

Post by Tech_Marco »

This one should be good: http://www.lightobject.com/Crystal-lock ... -P746.aspx

We sold 1000x to a company who used it for "Stop Clock" system that used for swimming competiton. I believe they used micro-controller for interfacing

Marco
ontarget

Re: RF controller advise

Post by ontarget »

Thank you so much for your rapid reply. However i don't think the product you recommended is what i am looking for. Either i do not understand the use of the product or I did not properly describe my needs. Probably both cases are true.

The system that i am using now consist of a control box and 4 individual displays. The control box encloses an Arduino board, a battery and a relay board. The relay board has 4 relays. The Arduino board is connected to and controls the relay board. The battery enclosed in the control box supplies power to the Arduino and relay boards. Each of the displays has a pneumatic cylinder controlled by a solenoid valve. Each solenoid valve is directly wired to a corresponding relay. Practicality limits the distance each display can be located from the control box to around 100 feet.

My goal is to eliminate the physical wire running between the control box and each individual display. I understand that each of the displays would require a individual receiver-relay and battery to power the solenoid valve and the receiver-relay. Since i plan to enclose the transmitter inside the control box i expect that a panel mounted antenna will be required. The transmitter could be controlled directly or through the relay board. A range of 500 yards between the control box and any of the displays would be ideal, but 200 feet would be a minimum.

Thank you again for your assistance with my project.

Return to “RF Wireless Controller”