8 ch controller not working!

Doomdood

8 ch controller not working!

Post by Doomdood »

I have tried to get the receiver to respond to ANY button on the transmitter but it will not.

I enter "learn mode" by pushing the button once.
I push the desired button I want to program (button 1)
I push the desired mode (button 8, toggle mode)
At this point shouldn't button 1 trigger relay 1? or do I have to push the "learn mode" button again to leave "learn mode"?

I have reset it multiple times, with the same result

A good, detailed set of instructions on how to do this would sure be nice.

As it stands I feel like I wasted my money.
Tech_Marco

Re: 8 ch controller not working!

Post by Tech_Marco »

I'll try it see if any changes happended to the controller. Sometimes they(supplier) do things without letting us know
Chamo

Post by Chamo »

I've just received two 8ch unit (the new compact one), I downloaded the new manual (compact8A.pdf) and I tried to program the controler.

1. Plug power supply 12v (Bench Power supply)
2. Put the Jumper over #1 and #2
3. Press the learning button 'til the green LED is blinking
--at that point, when I release the button, the led stop blinking
4. Press a key on the remote (in my case, it's '#8' , I want CH 1 to 4 toggle and CH 5 to 8 Momentary)
* At this point, the green LED is suposed to blink 'till the learning procedure is complete, but it doesn't
5. I remove the jumper, and cap #2 and #3
6. Tried to press a button on the remote, but nothing happen

I also tried the procedure by just pushing the learning button once (after clearing the memory by pressing the button for more then 6 sec.) the led donesn't blink, but stays ON I then push the "#8" on the remote, The green LED blink for a moment and stop (witch is a good sign, it could means that the learning procedure is complete). But the result is the same; I then put the jumper on 2 and 3 and try the remote, but nothing happen.

The same problem on BOTH unit, I tried switching the remote.

Can someone help?
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

It's so odd that two units are defective. Did you put the jumper right? The top pin should be 1 if I'm not forgotton. But not a bad idea to try the other way arround. Also, check the jumper see if it's a 'fake' one. Sometimes a missing metal strip could ruins the whole journey. Let me know how it goes. If it still not working, send it back and let me take a look
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I think you may hold the 'learn' button for too long, try do it less. Also, you may 'flood' the receiver already so you may need to 'clear' all memory and do eveything over again. Just my thought.
Chamo

Post by Chamo »

I've check everything with a voltmeter, the jumper is good, and i've tried different configuration just to make sure, but nothing seems to work... I'll send back both units.
Thanks

Return to “RF Wireless Controller”