Can't get momentary to function on RF2A...

stillstanden

Can't get momentary to function on RF2A...

Post by stillstanden »

I recently purchased the R2FA and can't seem to get it to work in momentary mode. Made sure jumper was set properly but once the relay is triggered it stays in the same position unless pressed again. Seems to function in toggle mode even when set to momentary mode. Can someone tell me what determines the length of time the relay is in NO or NC position when in momentary mode?
Tech_Marco

Re: Can't get momentary to function on RF2A...

Post by Tech_Marco »

The momentary mode shouldn't take more than 0.3second to let go once you release the button. Which 2A did you get? What is the chipset: 1527 or 2262? Is it 3 jumpers or 2 jumpers model? The 3 jumpers model should has green phoenix terminals installed

Make sure you read my new manual for the latest 2A model
stillstanden

Post by stillstanden »

I have the 2262 chipset with 2 jumpers. J1 short and J2 open but relay stays in position once triggered. Maybe a faulty module.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Download the manual for the 2262 chipset, don't use the 1527. If it still not working, please send it back for exchange
stillstanden

Post by stillstanden »

From the manual for RF2a (2262) it shows a picture with J1 (left) & J2 (right) on the lower right hand corner of the board. Manual shows J1 short and J2 open for momentary mode. Momentary doesn't function with this setting. Jumper needs to be placed over the two upper pins (near the speaker and transistor) for momentary mode.

I figured out how to get momentary mode to work but the delay is too long. I purchase this module for a server I keep in a closet but the delay is about 10 seconds which is too long and causes the computer to shut back down after turning on. I figured I could possibly set the module to latch or toggle and press transmitter button twice but it still takes about 10 seconds. I believe the only way to shorten this delay is in the firmware on the microcontroller. Does anyone know what microcontroller is used in this module and or willing to share the source code?
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Something must be wrong here. The momentary won't take 10s to let go. It should let go within 0.3s
stillstanden

Post by stillstanden »

After relay is triggered it is 10 seconds later before relay opens or closes again. This is how the relays respond in all modes. In latch or toggle after the first button press it will not respond to another button press until 10 seconds later. I'm pretty sure it is the settings in the firmware.

Return to “RF Wireless Controller”