Can anyone help out!

cobyclark

Can anyone help out!

Post by cobyclark »

I'm using a JLD 612 and waterproof thermocouple in a homemade sous vide machine, and I'm having issues keeping my temperature to stay constant after 57c. It starts to jump around by +/- 10 deg. I tried posting a video on this forum but it won't upload. I can email it over if anyone can help me out.
richiem

Re: Can anyone help out!

Post by richiem »

Older posts here on the blog have talked about noise pickup with the temp sensors and there have been power line grounding issues with the heating vessels being used. Try reading some of the older posts and the replies for some advice.

It might matter which type temp sensor you are using. Some of the problems have been fixed by connecting the shield of the sensor cable to one of the input terminals; other people have been helped by using 1uF (microfarad) film-type capacitors across the input terminals. And a few controllers and temp sensors have simply had problems.

Without a bit more info, it'll be hard to help.
cobyclark

Post by cobyclark »

I'm using the waterproof Pt 100 thermocouple.
richiem

Post by richiem »

Sorry for the long delay in replying -- have been traveling. If you are not using the Pt 10.0 setting for the inty, try that -- it offers higher resolution control. Look over the older posts for issues about varying temperatures and see if any of those replies can help.

Also try emailing Tech_Marco about the issue; could be a controller problem. BTW, the Pt100 sensor is not a thermocouple -- it is a positive temperature coefficient resistor -- fundamentally different.

Return to “Temperature Controller”