JLD612 temp reading goes up when actual temp is same

biacofano

JLD612 temp reading goes up when actual temp is same

Post by biacofano »

Hopefully someone here can help me. I have a JLD612 PID Temp controller for homebrewing beer. I purchased a Type K thermocoupler from
" http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_ ... cts_id=108 "

I thought my old thermocouplers were defective, so I purchased this one, and still have the same issue. I will turn on the PID and the temperature will show something similiar to what I would expect. However, even with the pots dry as I leave the controller on the PV temp will slowly rise. I confirmed this today when I plugged in the unit and walked away for several hours. When I came back it showed the PV of my garage was 106F degrees (it was around 80F when I had turned it on, which was relatively accurate). Ive done the error coefficient with boiling water.
Thanks for any assistance with this issue. I use three of these pids all have same issue.
richiem

Re: JLD612 temp reading goes up when actual temp is same

Post by richiem »

I don't know how this could happen physically, but it seems like self-heating of the thermocouple junction due to current flow from the controller through the junction...

This could happen if the wrong temp sensor device is selected in the set-up menu, but should not happen if the right thermocouple type is chosen and the controller is working correctly. The fact that all three controllers do this indicates something common to all three....

I know these comments are no help, but maybe Marco can talk to the supplier and get some feedback.

Return to “Temperature Controller”