JLD 612 Auto Tune doesn't seem to work - Fixed!

NCARalph

JLD 612 Auto Tune doesn't seem to work - Fixed!

Post by NCARalph »

This is a new JLD612 controller, 25A SSR, K type sensor with 8cm tip connected to a hot plate with a large pot of water used for sous vide.

I initially set up the controller using AT for one sous vide pan and it worked fine, took about 20 minutes to finish and accurately controls the temperature. Now I want to set up the controller for another larger pan but it doesn't seem to work.

All the 0089 settings are the factory defaults except C/F is set to 1 - F, in particular the output is set to 2.
All the 0001 settings are also the factory defaults except Sv which is set to 130 F
The 0036 settings are as set by the previous auto tune.

I set up the whole system, controller, thermocouple, hot plate heater, pot full of water at 110F and plug in the controller.

What happens is it starts controlling as expected, flashing the output light and heating the pot. To go into AT mode, I hold the set button in till the AT light comes on. What I expect to happen is for the output light to come on and stay on, but it doesn't, it continues flashing the same way as when it is controlling and never stops.

I've tried this a couple of times, once it got up to the set temp and held it for over 24 hours but the AT light never went out. Another time it drove the temp up to 147 over about 4 hours still flashing the Output with the AT light still on.

I've tried ending AT mode by holding the Set button till the AT light when out, then restarting AT, same result. Unplugging and replugging the controller, same result.

Is this controller broken or am I missing something?
Last edited by NCARalph on Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
NCARalph

Re: JLD 612 Auto Tune doesn't seem to work

Post by NCARalph »

Got it - Auto tune is started with the > button, not the Set button even though it turns on the AT light. It seems to be working now.

Return to “Temperature Controller”