Waterproof/resistant PT-100 RTD probe for PID Controller

Tech_Marco

Waterproof/resistant PT-100 RTD probe for PID Controller

Post by Tech_Marco »

Folks:

I just ordered 50x true water-resistant PT-100 RTD probe and it should come in about 7~9 days. The whole probe is wrapped up by a layer of Tefon so that it's 100% water-proof from the tip all the way up to the connectors. The probe is OK be submersed in boiling water. According to online data, Tefon suppose to sustain up to 290'C. But since the it's in warpped in a tube and I have verbal promise by the supplier that it works well under 150'C. The length of the wire is 2m (6.5ft) .

Marco
Attachments
PT100WP500.jpg
mposner

Re: Waterproof/resistant PT-100 RTD probe for PID Controller

Post by mposner »

How would one hook this up to the TET7100? I would assume Red to #6, and the two blues to #7 and #8, but I'd like to check before I do it.

I have one of the K-type thermocouples now, and I'm getting crazy erratic temp. readings, which I assume is because there's metal contacting the outer braid, and I've read that can mess with the readings. I have to assume this will correct that issue...

Thanks.
guillame

Re: Waterproof/resistant PT-100 RTD probe for PID Controller

Post by guillame »

Marco,

A cursory check with another temp monitor suggest your waterproof/Resistant PT100 probe
reads about 8 degrees F less. I have your probe connected to my JDL634 and have selected the
PT100 setting.

Bill Byrne

Return to “Temperature Controller”