JLD612 help needed...

robinhood

JLD612 help needed...

Post by robinhood »

I have the JLD612 installed with a SSR I have it running but it overshoots! I managed to set the sv at 100°F which I want, but I haven't got a clue how to set the rest so that it would hold the 100°F until I turn the PID off manually. So if you just would give me a clue of what numbers to enter in I would be grateful.. I am using thermocouple K which is set at 1. rd. set to 1. CorF. set to 1.
richiem

Re: JLD612 help needed...

Post by richiem »

If you are heating, rd needs to be set to 0, not 1. Temp sensor type is set with Inty command, and numbers like 0 or 1 don't apply. You need the manual, which you can download from this site. Let us know how it goes.
robinhood

Post by robinhood »

Thanks for the reply richiem,,, I have inty, set to k. outy, set to 4. Hy, set to 3. psb. to .0 rd, to .0 CorF, to 1. I guess my problem is I really don't have a clue of what values to enter in for outy, Hy, Psb, I simply just want this thing to heat and hold at 100°F.
robinhood

Post by robinhood »

By reading further of the manual I found that there is more settings I had to do.. First (initialization parameters) 2nd (temperature and alarm parameters) and do I also have to do (relevant parameters) ? would you let me know... I just may get the hang of it after all!
richiem

Post by richiem »

Well, if you are using an SSR to control your heater, set Outy = 2. Then from a cold start. run the AT command to let the system auto-tune your PID parameters. This will give you the best results overall.
robinhood

Post by robinhood »

to run the AT. do I need to disconnect the heater wire so that the heater wont come on during At ?
richiem

Post by richiem »

Auto-tuning won't work if there's no heat -- the controller has to sense the amount and rate of heat rise and loss in order to set the correct parameters, so leave the heater connected.
robinhood

Post by robinhood »

Sounds good, thanks again!

Return to “Temperature Controller”