brand new JLD612 turned on the first time..

robinhood

brand new JLD612 turned on the first time..

Post by robinhood »

Installed the JLD612 according to my drawing I uploaded earlier in the room..download/file.php?id=371
The JLD612 shows EEEE on the pv. side and 800 on the ps. side. This is the first time it got plugged in, was wondering if this is norm until I program it? I am using thermocouple type K hooked onto it and terminated to a panel mounted thermocouple outlet, the same with the heater wiring terminated also onto an outlet plug all in a plastic project box. I know there is nothing serious going on but would like to know what my next step should be...

Thanks for your help!
richiem

Re: brand new JLD612 turned on the first time..

Post by richiem »

Er .... have you programmed it yet? If not, try that.
robinhood

Post by robinhood »

I started to work with it and so far so good....for the thermocouple setting do I live that 0 since I am using TC type K..?
richiem

Post by richiem »

According to the manual, the temperature sensor type is selected by going to menu IntY then choosing the one for the K type TC that looks like a K with one leg missing -- kind of a Y or an upside-down h. This is shown in Table 2 on page 3.
MikeFromHC

Post by MikeFromHC »

robinhood wrote:I started to work with it and so far so good....for the thermocouple setting do I live that 0 since I am using TC type K..?
You should not see a zero, but a symbol of some sort.
Make sure the one you want to set is in RED on the top display. (Not that I messed up more then six or seven times at first - and probably at second)
Mine came programmed for that setting even though the manual gives a different default.

The manual still needs work.
robinhood

Post by robinhood »

Thanks Mike, I will look for that red mark....will work on it sometimes this weekend..

Return to “Temperature Controller”