think new thermocouple has short

maplesapper

think new thermocouple has short

Post by maplesapper »

I have installed the thermocouple in my rig. The thermocouple is in a vertical orientaion mounted to a bracket I have built. The temperature on the controler is all over the place. When the bracket is removed and I lay it flat its stable. So then put it back and its the same thing. If I wiggle the wire when laying flat, it fluctuates and then goes back steady. I backed out the set screw and slid wire up a bit and noticed the set screw dug into the heat wrap. It may have caused a short. What can be done for this? New one sent out? Is it worth the shipping to send it back? Thanks Gregg
maplesapper

Re: think new thermocouple has short

Post by maplesapper »

one other thing I have notiece is that the thermocouple has been tunned to read the same temp as my thermometer at 220 degrees which compares to a second thermometer. Once the pan has cooled the difference of the thermocouple and themometer is 13 degrees difference. I also had to adjust the thermocouple by 37 degrees to make it match up. Is this not right?

The temp controler is no doubt a multiapplication device. I however want to use it for making maple syrup. This is what I want it to do. I want to attatch a solenoid valve to the J2 relay. I want to trigger the solenoid valve at 220 deg F. and close at 219.5 What settings do I need to do this. I think I have it but the relay seems to not trigger long enough. I got my sv at 220. Do I need my sv to be 219.5 and my AH1 set to 220 and my AL1 to 219.5. I also have my outy on setting on 0
Thanks for your help

Return to “Temperature Controller”