Adding a plug to a thermocoupler

MikeFromHC

Adding a plug to a thermocoupler

Post by MikeFromHC »

I will Have a need to disconnect the thermocouple during transportation.
Is there any reason why a socket and plug can't be added in line as long as it is properly polarized?
robinhood

Re: Adding a plug to a thermocoupler

Post by robinhood »

Yes there are some thermocouple panel connectors used for what your looking for, fact I have been installing them on some project boxes for that specific reason, to be able to unplug them when moving or for transport reasons...I posted a picture of what they look like, I do have some if you interested.,
Attachments
TC-Panel connector.pdf
(3.6 MiB) Downloaded 246 times
MikeFromHC

Post by MikeFromHC »

robinhood wrote:Yes there are some thermocouple panel connectors used for what your looking for, fact I have been installing them on some project boxes for that specific reason, to be able to unplug them when moving or for transport reasons...I posted a picture of what they look like, I do have some if you interested.,
Thanks. Do these require a rectangular hole? It will be mounted on about a one half inch thick piece of aluminum and I don't have a lot of tools to play with.
How much and does it come with the mail side also?
robinhood

Post by robinhood »

They require drilling round holes and yes, they do come male and female, they work quite well. I do have them as yellow and black, the hole is around 3/4" and the threaded area is a good 1/2" deep. outer dimension 1-1/8"x1-1/8".
MikeFromHC

Post by MikeFromHC »

robinhood wrote:They require drilling round holes and yes, they do come male and female, they work quite well. I do have them as yellow and black, the hole is around 3/4" and the threaded area is a good 1/2" deep. outer dimension 1-1/8"x1-1/8".
Thanks.
How much shipped to the 95951 ZIP code?

Return to “Temperature Controller”