JLD 634 Programming Problem

simpsonrl

JLD 634 Programming Problem

Post by simpsonrl »

I have bought the JLD634 controller but I can’t make the program run. I tried the 8888 passcode, but it does not seem to run.
The program I am trying to run is:

T01=30 Sv=150 C01=0
T02=3 Sv=300 c02=0

Should be a very simple program, but I can’t get it to run

Thanks
Robert Simpson
Tech_Marco

Re: JLD 634 Programming Problem

Post by Tech_Marco »

What is output mode (ModL) you selected?
Also, check PrL and PrH. Make sure PrL is "1"
simpsonrl

Post by simpsonrl »

Got it.. Thanks Marco. It was the modL which was still set to SV which is the factory default. Interesting that the factory would set the default to a value that does not allow automatic operations. Well I now understand the use of the use of the modL command.
:mrgreen:
On a slightly different note, I have programed my ramp and it is now working. One slight item of interest, I have a pause programmed as one of the steps. According to the manual, pressing the ^ key will resume the program. What they don't say is that there is a one minute (exactly 60 seconds) delay after pressing the ^ key and before the program resumes. This really had me scratching my head for a while. I would press the ^ key to resume, then nothing would happen so I would press a few other keys and fiddle with it, and then it would start working. And I was left with wondering exactly which keys had gotten it working. When I thought I had it figured out, I would try the same key strokes again and the result would not be the same since I would be faster or slower in the key strokes and the timer would time out earlier or later......

I finally learned to press the ^ key and be patient :oops:
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

That I don't know. I'm sending a request to the tech and them if there is better way to jump out the delay without waiting for 1min. I think it make no sense to wait for a min. Will let you once I got an answer.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

For now, no way to fix it. But! There is an altenative.
Instead of using M-SV, you should use S-SV. S-SV is based on second so the delay is 1 second, instead of 1 min
simpsonrl

Post by simpsonrl »

The fact that it was one minute had me wondering if it was related to the minutes setting and that if I was in seconds that it would be 1 second.

In my case, I have part of my ramp programmed over 16.5 hours. If I set to seconds, I would have to spread this across multiple segments. I think that I will just live with the one minute. Now that I know that is how it works, it is not a problem to be patient.

Thanks

Return to “Temperature Controller”