TCG-6131P heating issue..

robinhood

TCG-6131P heating issue..

Post by robinhood »

Got my PID finally hooked up but" the problem is it's way over heating. On the pv. side starts out at 32 which is fine.. and before not long those numbers starting to go down to zero then goes into a minus with the numbers going up, meanwhile the heater is getting hotter than heck. I got the sv side set at 30ᶜ when I disconnected the wire to the heater it started to go back where it was the began with, which I wanted but soon I hook the heater wire back on again it did the same thing. I know it's my goofy programing....Any advice?
Last edited by robinhood on Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
richiem

Re: TCG-6131P heating issue..

Post by richiem »

Just to be sure, you have set the sensor selection for the K thermocouple, correct? It may be set by default to another type of sensor...
robinhood

Post by robinhood »

I did not see settings instruction for thermocouple types with the controller, if there is one...what to look for?
richiem

Post by richiem »

I've never used this model and have no idea how you access the set-up mode. What does the supplier say? Is there a manual online that will help?

OK, I just downloaded the manual and this one is for K thermocouple only, so that part is good. Others here have reported electrical noise issues with the K sensor and this may be happening -- look through the older posts for the issue, I remember that grounding the shield braid of the sensor helped. Of course it may be a bad unit, too. You should email Lightobject directly.

Return to “Temperature Controller”