LO-1600W older model LCD glitch

CarbonLight

LO-1600W older model LCD glitch

Post by CarbonLight »

LO-1600W LCD is glitching out but other than that the unit works fine.

I have the older model LO-1600W. Looks just like the S&A CW-5200 but with a much larger backlit blue/white LCD. Its maybe 5-6 years old and still cools great but yesterday I noticed the display will glitch out continually after power up (and doesn't need the laser running to glitch out). It randomly goes blank backlit blue or dim and lights back up with the same settings so it isn't resetting the controller each time. No audible power up beeps or stops in flow when the the display blips out so it is still fully operational but it has me worried to step away during a job.

Any experience with this issue?

I found a water chiller replacement controller board for the LO1600W in the store but...
1. Its out of stock and it may be a discontinued item
2. I don't know if its the control board for the older LO1600W or the newer
4. It may be an issue from the control board or an issue with the display. Can I swap the display with a programmable temperature controller like the JLD612?

When I have some down time I may get a read of the voltages to the display

Saving $600 is worth some diagnostic effort and most of the chillers are out of stock anyways.

Thanks for any help on this.
Chris
Tech_Marco

Re: LO-1600W older model LCD glitch

Post by Tech_Marco »

It is not very easy to change the controller. You may email us the picture of your controller, we do have some lcd in stock.

Return to “Temperature Controller”