Temp Controller TCG 6131P wiring diagram

robinhood

Temp Controller TCG 6131P wiring diagram

Post by robinhood »

I am installing a strip heater device to keep baked goods at a certain temperature after it's been baked. I am using a CTG 6131P however I am not sure if I am
on the right track with the wiring diagram I made up due to the fact there is none posted under the MANUALS for this model! Please if anyone can advise me on this it would be deeply appreciated! Click on diagram below.
Last edited by robinhood on Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:01 am, edited 9 times in total.
richiem

Re: Temp Controller JLD612 wiring diagram

Post by richiem »

You don't show a power path to the strip heater. If it has an internal relay or "contactor" controlled by the PID, then you'll need AC power directly to it as well. Your diagram sure isn't the look of a 612, and I doubt that they are the same; I'm guessing that the 6131 or whatever it is, doesn't have SSR control output, among other things, but I'm really in a "not know" place with this. Need more info on the PID.
mac

Re: Temp Controller TCG 6131P wiring diagram

Post by mac »

I have the 6131 and your drawing is correct. However, as the last poster said, half the AC circuit to the heater is missing. (Assuming your heater is 110VAC, you need a jumper from 2 to 4 in your drawing for it to work.) In addition, the contacts of the relay in the 6131 are only rated to carry 3 amps@220VAC. You should use a relay between the 6131 and your heater if your heater exceeds 3 amps (it very likely does). It can be either an electromechanical or solid state relay. If it is SSR operating from low voltage DC, you will need a power source to drive it because the 6131 does not appear to provide it directly. Adding either a 110VAC or low voltage DC SSR relay will change change the entire circuit, so be sure you know what you are doing.
robinhood

Post by robinhood »

Thank for your reply! My heater puts out about 3amps as I was told I will make the correction as you suggested, also I wonder if I should have power going to the alarm 6-7 ? Guess I am getting closer to wrap this up! Thanks again!
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Dont power it yet!!!
It seems that you connect a relay contact to the live 110V power input. Once it's energized, it may explode!!

Check that out Pin23 and 67 !!! :idea:
mac

Post by mac »

robinhood wrote:Thank for your reply! My heater puts out about 3amps as I was told I will make the correction as you suggested, also I wonder if I should have power going to the alarm 6-7 ? Guess I am getting closer to wrap this up! Thanks again!
I don't think you know what you are doing. You did not follow what I said (you added jumpers at different locations and changed other connections) and you added wires to the alarm output that will fry the unit. You should get hands-on advice from someone who understands this stuff.

I hope you are reading the pinouts on the bottom of the unit correctly. They are numbers molded into the plastic next to the connector screws. They can be hard to read. You drawing looks correct, but be sure.

I also would be very surprised if your heater only drew 300 watts. I would strongly recommend an additional external relay to handle the load of a heater.

Return to “Temperature Controller”