Water temp safety

neuman5022

Water temp safety

Post by neuman5022 »

Hello guys

I read that water temp is very important for tube's life.

Is there a way to have a water temp meter to stop the laser from firing when it gets under or over a specific temp (Sort of like the flow switch)

If yes - how do I connect it ?

Many thanks

Isaac
SWMS

Re: Water temp safety

Post by SWMS »

There isn’t. Your chiller should be able to cope with the laser though. 15-25 degrees is the safe range. Don’t fire it under that temperature you can thermally shock the tube and end up with a nice crack.

If you are using a buffer ( 20ish litre tank of water ) then you might be able to buy some kind of alarm or build one. You might also want to wrap the tank in insulation to keep it cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

You don't want to go too low either because condensation could happen if temperature is too low (closed to dew point). I'll suggest 23~25'C is good range for the laser tube.

Marco
SWMS

Post by SWMS »

Re dew point. That depends on the relative humidity in the room. It doesn’t have to be 24-25 degrees.

http://www.dpcalc.org/
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Hi SWMS, I didn’t mean the dew point was 24-25’C

What I mean was if the water temperature was cold closed enough to dew point(could be 8, 10,12,15...as you said about the relative humidity), condensation may occurred. Sorry for the confusion

Marco

Return to “Temperature Controller”